Completist question

The band and their music

Completist question

Postby charles on August 22nd, 2010, 7:15 am

What do I need to buy to get every track commercially released on CD (ie, excluding promos)?
charles
Little Creature

Re: Completist question

Postby francey on August 22nd, 2010, 3:24 pm

"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby mscott on August 22nd, 2010, 8:47 pm

If you are from the UK and maybe other European countries

Spotify is a streaming service that will give you nearly everything that anyone has recorded except Pink Floyd and the Beatles

so google spotify

Mick
mscott
Radio Head

Postby charles on August 22nd, 2010, 9:34 pm

Thank you for your answers but....

...Spotify doesn't do it....it's a streaming service and not CDs, which is what my questions was about....also, thanks for 'informing' me about it but I have had it on my computer for months....it is quite well known you know....:) :lol:

As for the brick - also quite well known! - that doesn't do it either....is "The Name Of This Band Is Talking Heads" part of the brick?...no!...Is "Stop Making Sense" part of the brick....again no!

Was my initial query not clear?.....maybe I should repeat it.....what do I need to get to have EVERYTHING that has been officially released on CD?
charles
Little Creature

Postby charles on August 22nd, 2010, 9:38 pm

mscott wrote:If you are from the UK and maybe other European countries

Spotify is a streaming service that will give you nearly everything that anyone has recorded except Pink Floyd and the Beatles

so google spotify

Mick

Also missing from Spotify: Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin and to say that it contains 'nearly everything that anyone has recorded' is a gross exaggeration
charles
Little Creature

Postby mscott on August 22nd, 2010, 10:31 pm

OK I take your point!

I'm really excited about my spotify cos I've go a computer hooked up to my HIFI and am listening to some amazing new music

Anyway here is a link to spotify that contains everything that it has on the TH and I think it has everything though i'd like other people to verify obviously they would need spotify
http://open.spotify.com/user/mscottmick/playlist/3OGeEERHvhvQT09jncd8zTT

I've been a fan of TH since I was 15 now I'm 45 so I don't think anything is missing

Regards mick
T
mscott
Radio Head

Postby charles on August 23rd, 2010, 12:31 am

Hi there - thanks for your input

Also thanks for the link but i don't seem to be able to access your playlist

But thanks for trying

Now I have found out what Spotify is (!) can you tell me what a HIFI is?..... :lol:

mscott wrote:OK I take your point!

I'm really excited about my spotify cos I've go a computer hooked up to my HIFI and am listening to some amazing new music

Anyway here is a link to spotify that contains everything that it has on the TH and I think it has everything though i'd like other people to verify obviously they would need spotify
http://open.spotify.com/user/mscottmick/playlist/3OGeEERHvhvQT09jncd8zTT

I've been a fan of TH since I was 15 now I'm 45 so I don't think anything is missing

Regards mick
T
charles
Little Creature

Postby francey on August 24th, 2010, 7:22 pm

Buy "Brick", "Stop Making Sense", "The Name of This Band is Talking Heads", "Popular Favorites: Sand in he Vaseline" and the "Once in a Lifetime" boxset then if you want to own all commercially available Talking Heads music on CD. Use Spotify if you don't care about owning music or playing it in an environment where you have no broadband internet available.

Frank.
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby Eke on August 25th, 2010, 10:07 am

How about "Remixed"?

Is "Outtakes and Rarities" available on Spotify?
Eke
Mojique

Postby fredd2332 on August 26th, 2010, 3:22 pm

You will also need to get David Byrne's Songs from True Stories so you can get City of Steel.
fredd2332
Ruby Dear

Postby Rick on September 4th, 2010, 3:32 pm

francey wrote:Buy "Brick", "Stop Making Sense", "The Name of This Band is Talking Heads", "Popular Favorites: Sand in he Vaseline" and the "Once in a Lifetime" boxset then if you want to own all commercially available Talking Heads music on CD. Use Spotify if you don't care about owning music or playing it in an environment where you have no broadband internet available.

Frank.

...or if you don't care about sound quality. The sound of the discs in The Brick is generally superb, especially the DVD-A sides.

You can also check E-Bay, etc. for rarities, singles, ep's, etc.
Rick
Ruby Dear

Return to TALKING HEADS