Stop Making Sense

What songs, albums, videos, outfits etc do you like best? and why?

Stop Making Sense

Postby Cole on March 2nd, 2009, 7:42 am

I know most of you guys have seen this a hunded times,but allow a new guy to bask in the glow of a great live prformance.
I did not even know this was a dvd until another member posted it.I watched it twice in a row.It is one of the best live dvd's i've ever seen.It stands along side The Last Waltz in it's greatness.
It's was really fun to watch because I'd been listening to the concert on my ipod for about three weeks.It was really cool to watch every song be played and see the visuals added to them.When I realized what they were doing during the first part of the set,adding band members to each consecutive song,I could not believe I hadn't noticed that listining to the audio.
What a great live band.They were just having a blast.My love for this band just keeps growing...
Cole
Mojique

Re: Stop Making Sense

Postby Mr.DRC on March 2nd, 2009, 12:09 pm

"We must nurture Cole.He may be Humanity's last hope."

Oscar WildWildLife.

( enjoy,enjoy,enjoy Cole :breakdance: )
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby talkingheads83 on March 3rd, 2009, 12:49 am

I love Stop Making Sense. I even find myself singing with it when I watch it. I sound like David Byrne when I sing Talking Heads songs even though I'm a Female. I have been their fan for the past 28 years of my life.

As my profile on AOL says: Once a Talking Heads Fan, Always A Talking Heads Fan.

A Talking Heads Fan From FL,
Lee Lee
talkingheads83
Little Creature

Postby Cole on March 3rd, 2009, 6:26 am

Mr.DRC wrote:"We must nurture Cole.He may be Humanity's last hope."

Oscar WildWildLife.

( enjoy,enjoy,enjoy Cole :breakdance: )

haha.Thanks man.if I'm humanity's last hope,we're in trouble.At least we can all go down listening to cool music,right?If anyone wants to point out something interesting about this band,especially a book.I'd love that.I need nurturing. 8-)
Cole
Mojique

Postby remaininlight on March 6th, 2009, 6:29 pm

Jonathan Demme (one of my favorite directors) gave us a great piece of musical history with Stop Making Sense. He did the same for Neil Young in 2006, with his movie Neil Young: Heart of Gold. Totally different genre of music, but same love, admiration, and respect for the artist he was filming. Worth checking out.
remaininlight
Mojique

Postby cyberyukon on March 7th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Your next mission: see it on the big screen (or a big screen)!

Sometimes college campuses or local art theaters will run the film. It's a whole 'nuther experience seeing the band doing its stuff and twenty feet tall.

:rockdude:
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Postby Cole on March 7th, 2009, 8:40 pm

cyberyukon wrote:Your next mission: see it on the big screen (or a big screen)!

Sometimes college campuses or local art theaters will run the film. It's a whole 'nuther experience seeing the band doing its stuff and twenty feet tall.

That is a mission that I would gladly accept.That would rock so hard.
Cole
Mojique

Postby Animal Boy on March 15th, 2010, 5:04 am

I really need to get the dvd. I've seen the show(Except the last 2 songs) via Youtube.I'll have to rectify that come next paycheck.
:coffee:
Animal Boy
Gangster of Love

Return to POPULAR FAVORITES