TTC McCarren pool recording

Live show sharing - only links to non-officially released material allowed!

TTC McCarren pool recording

Postby francey on September 7th, 2008, 10:16 am

Walter Zopiano
Username: Zealamb

Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 05:40 am:
Hi there, here

http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=277

you can find a recording of TTC's June 26 2008 concert.
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Re: TTC McCarren pool recording

Postby ph4t3Xp4t on September 23rd, 2008, 8:41 am

Thanks for the pointer & link!

Got this one overnight (about a 108 MB D/L). You get a package of 256 K *.mp3's. The NYC Taper links tend to D/L about 5 to 8 k per second, so queue 'em up and let 'em run for a few hours or overnight.

It is really fun and funky to hear a Tom Tom Club bootleg! This is my first, and it is from 26 June this year ... so a very recent incarnation & mix of music & style. They remain very innovative, and still have a fantastically catchy groove.

Bonus: fun cover of Hot Chocolate's You Sexy Thing. Maybe not the best cover ever, but still makes me smile that someone even remembers it enough to cover it today. :D

Strongly recommended.

Quality is pretty high; I'd put it at a minimum of 8 of 10 for audio quality. It could be argued it's a 9 .. but I have some other spectacular boots, so I wouldn't go quite that high personally. A little bit muddy / some dynamic range loss; not sure if it's the *.mp3 format or if the source is a bit limited. But a smooth & complete show without artifacts or other annoying hiss or over-excited audience members screaming into the mics. Very impressively clean audience recording. NYC Taper offers *.flacs upon request ... so, I may well be contacting him about that to do a direct comparison.

There are dozens (if not over 100) shows via this site, and they have a number of links to other sites to track down even more music ... so, well worth bookmarking & exploring.

This was the opening act for Devo, BTW, which is also available for folks so inclined. I'm currently dedicating my bandwidth to obtaining three Sigur Rós shows he's got up from this year .. :P

Thank you very much for turning me onto this site!

-- t3h 3Xp4t
ph4t3Xp4t
Mojique

Re: TTC McCarren pool recording

Postby muleskinner on September 23rd, 2008, 10:48 am

nyctaper is my new hero.
muleskinner
Radio Head

Return to HI, I GOT A TAPE I WANNA PLAY