David Byrne - No Titles Please.

Live show sharing - only links to non-officially released material allowed!

David Byrne - No Titles Please.

Postby Ruben on May 24th, 2009, 11:39 pm

No Titles Please

Hello everybody, it's been a while since I last posted a nice bootleg here so this is sort of my comeback, I hope you enjoy this. Here's an excellent 2 CD David Byrne bootleg titled "No Titles Please", which was released in 1995 by label Crystal Cat. It includes a complete show recorded in Sweden during DB's 1994 "In Constant Motion" world tour (25 tracks), and another eight "bonus" tracks (on the second CD) which are from two other shows in Sweden but from 1992. This is definetly one of my favourites DB bootlegs ever (along with the great "Unplugged+More" and Nashville 2001), and although "This Sensuous World" might have better sound quality, this one is just mindblowing, I adore everything about it, from the cover art to the recording itself. It includes great live renditions of tracks such as "Empire", "Sympathy for the Devil", "Stay Up Late", "Love-Building on Fire" and "Blind", which are not very common in DB's setlists (especially for Stay Up Late!), a lot of tracks from the 1994 "David Enryb" album and of course all the TH classics we know and love. I think my favourite track here would be "Back in the Box", the drums just rock (David, please bring Todd Turkisher back for your next record! :D).

I downloaded this bootleg a long time ago in huge FLAC files made directly from the "original" silver CD, and now I've made high quality MP3's from them (fully tagged by me), so it's easier and faster for you to download and play everywhere. Still, the whole package is pretty large, 280 Mb. (in three Rapidshare parts), but believe me it's really worth it, not just for DB fans but for everyone. This is good stuff. The package also includes a .txt "notes" file with some info about the recording and a .jpg file with BIG scans of both the front and back covers, which were originally included in that torrent I downloaded. The front cover is amazing, a great picture of DB at CBGB's, probably from when he performed there a year earlier and played tracks from his then upcoming David Enryb album. He played there three times (I think) in late 1993, I have those bootlegs too :blbl: will post them someday.

This is from the "notes" txt file, which I improved a bit:

David Byrne, "No Titles Please"
Cirkus
Stockholm, Sweden
October 2, 1994

Crystal Cat 349-50 / 1995

Silver CD - xAct – FLAC – 245Kbps VBR MP3

Disc One - Total Running Time : 75:53"

01 - Intro Drums
02 - A Long Time Ago
03 - God's Child
04 - My Love Is You
05 - Girls On My Mind
06 - And She Was
07 - Road to Nowhere
08 - A Walk in the Dark
09 - (Nothing But) Flowers
10 - This Must be the Place (Naive Melody)
11 - Don't Worry About the Government
12 - Lilies of the Valley
13 - Stay Up Late
14 - Sad Song
15 - I Zimbra
16 - Strange Ritual
17 - Empire
18 - Back in the Box

Disc Two - Total Running Time : 74:19"

01 - Once in a Lifetime
02 - Angels
03 - You And Eye
04 - Buck Naked
05 - Psycho Killer
06 - Love-Building on Fire
07 - Burning Down the House
Bonus Tracks:
08 - She's Mad +
09 - Burning Down the House +
10 - Sympathy for the Devil +
11 - Heaven +
12 - (Nothing But) Flowers @
13 - Take Me to the River @
14 - Blind @
15 - Psycho Killer @

+ = 4th of June 1992
@ = 5th of June 1992

David Byrne – vocals, guitar
Paul Socolow - bass
Todd Turkisher - drums
Mauro Refosco - vibes, percussion

And now, the most important part, the links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/236552635/N ... .part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/236609107/N ... .part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/236532344/N ... .part3.rar

To extract it properly, you need to download these three files into the same folder and then just open the first part (with WinRAR) to extract all the files. The other parts will be recognized automatically, but only if they're in the same folder and the filename wasn't modified.

ENJOY!!!

Just like Francey said about this bootleg, Two-and-a-half-hour of pure enjoyment!!!

:respect: :rockdude:

Ruben.
Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that I just blew your mind?!?
Ruben
Gangster of Love

Re: David Byrne - No Titles Please.

Postby ffeight on June 14th, 2009, 4:27 pm

Thanks, Thanks, a million times THANK YOU! This is fantastic! In every way! I've gone on a DB/TH bootleg downloading spree as of late, and sets like this make all the hassel and clearing of disc space worthwhile! I'm a young'un who wasn't born soon enough to enjoy David Byrne in the 80's and 90's, so this is all I got! If you ever put up any more of your favorite bootlegs you mentioned, I'd kiss your feet. Do you have any suggestions of sources of bootlegs other than dimeadozen (what a hassel) and Trader's Den? If you've got any pointers, I'd appreciate it!
Again, thanks so much, this really is fantastic!
-Aaron Price
ffeight
Mojique

Postby Ruben on July 5th, 2009, 11:53 pm

I'm very glad you enjoyed this Aaron. Now, what about the others? :blbl: c'mon share your thoughts!, I got like 30 downloads of this, LOL!

I'm gonna upload the excellent CBGB's bootlegs this week. Prepare your ears from this moment, because they ROCK.

Ruben.
Ruben
Gangster of Love

Postby ffeight on September 11th, 2009, 11:34 pm

What is CBGB? And have you uploaded it/them yet? :)
ffeight
Mojique

Postby elbakan on September 14th, 2009, 9:38 pm

CBGB = A club that used to be at 315 Bowery at Bleeker Street in NYC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBGB
elbakan
Radio Head

Postby Ruben on February 4th, 2010, 11:53 pm

I've found my CBGB's bootlegs (from two dates in late 1993). They are CD copies made directly from the "original" bootlegs, not horrible MP3 re-re-encodes. Is anybody interested??

Let's do this.. if anybody wants to have this, please leave a post here. If it gets 5 requests or more, I'll make the effort and spend a couple of days uploading the FLAC or WAV (as you wish) files into Rapidshare. If there are less than 5 people interested, I will upload an MP3 version so they don't miss it. If nobody says "nothing at all" (that song is in the bootleg!), I won't upload it.

lol :blbl:
Ruben
Gangster of Love

Postby NotSid on April 19th, 2010, 9:36 pm

Empire? from Grown Backwards?
NotSid
Ruby Dear

Postby Ruben on April 29th, 2010, 2:33 am

That's right. He used to play Empire a lot in the 1994 tours and he even included a recording of this version (really intense, with great drumming) on the japanese edition of Look Into The Eyeball in 2001.

The "Empire" included on Grown Backwards was a new re-recorded version but still the same song. I really like both.
Ruben
Gangster of Love

Postby Aspiemom on April 22nd, 2011, 2:32 am

Ruben wrote:I've found my CBGB's bootlegs (from two dates in late 1993). They are CD copies made directly from the "original" bootlegs, not horrible MP3 re-re-encodes. Is anybody interested??

Let's do this.. if anybody wants to have this, please leave a post here. If it gets 5 requests or more, I'll make the effort and spend a couple of days uploading the FLAC or WAV (as you wish) files into Rapidshare. If there are less than 5 people interested, I will upload an MP3 version so they don't miss it. If nobody says "nothing at all" (that song is in the bootleg!), I won't upload it.

lol :blbl:

Hi, Ruben,

Did you ever upload this? I'm looking for it, but I can't find it.
There's no way to communicate.
Aspiemom
Papa Legba

Postby Oedepus on April 25th, 2011, 4:23 pm

Aspie, you can grab it right here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6

Along with all of these:

Between the Teeth - (10-31-92)
Hanging Upside Down (1 of 2) - 1992
Hanging Upside Down (2 of 2) - 1992
Live in Moscow - 1994
No Titles Please - 1992
Sessions on West 54th - 1998
Unplugged + More - 1992
Unplugged - 1992
With Balanescu Quartet - 1998
With Richard Thompson - An Acoustic Evening - 1992

Plus Talking Heads stuff.

Ruben has the other CBGB'S try out, I hope he shares at some point, he's such a cool guy 8-)
Howdy-do? This is Peter McCalister, the FATHER. I'd like a hotel room,
please, with an extra-large bed, a TV, and one of those little
refrigerators that you have to open with a key. Credit card? You got it!
Oedepus
Electric Guitar

Postby Aspiemom on April 26th, 2011, 3:26 am

Wow, that's impressive. Thanks, Ruben and Oedepus. Now I just have to figure out how to decompress these .rar files. . . .
Aspiemom
Papa Legba

Postby Aspiemom on April 26th, 2011, 11:20 pm

Aspiemom wrote:Wow, that's impressive. Thanks, Ruben and Oedepus. Now I just have to figure out how to decompress these .rar files. . . .

Figured it out. Thanks again!
Aspiemom
Papa Legba

Return to HI, I GOT A TAPE I WANNA PLAY