Massey Hall Toronto

Live show sharing - only links to non-officially released material allowed!

Massey Hall Toronto

Postby FactsAreSimple on October 31st, 2008, 6:33 pm

I have made a wmv video which has images and video clips of the unbelievable Toronto show. I currently have it uploaded to my web site for the benefit of a few friends who I attended the show with. I can't keep it there long, but if someone wants to download then make it available through rapidshare etc. I'd be happy to provide a link. If anyone would like to show their gratitude I'd really love a decent quality recording of the Rei Momo tour.

Cheers

Nic
FactsAreSimple
Little Creature
 
Posts: 6
Joined: October 30th, 2008, 9:31 pm
Location: A town in North Ontario

Re: Massey Hall Toronto

Postby labrador on October 31st, 2008, 11:45 pm

Hey, I was in Toronto for that too - travelling from the east coast for the show.

Why not use Youtube.com or google video like others have? There are
some videos of Toronto already up. They didn't check for recording devices
entering Massey Hall. Your Mileage May Vary.
labrador
Mojique
 
Posts: 13
Joined: October 31st, 2008, 4:37 am
Location: Canada

Re: Massey Hall Toronto

Postby FactsAreSimple on November 3rd, 2008, 6:34 pm

After some delay and the efforts of Ruben who upped the video to rapidshare (thanks for all your help), here is a gallery view of about 20 minutes of the David Byrne in concert. This is not a compressed RAR archive just good old windows media video.

http://rapidshare.com/files/160123448/DBatMH.wmv

enjoy....

Nic

FactsAreSimple wrote:I have made a wmv video which has images and video clips of the unbelievable Toronto show. I currently have it uploaded to my web site for the benefit of a few friends who I attended the show with. I can't keep it there long, but if someone wants to download then make it available through rapidshare etc. I'd be happy to provide a link. If anyone would like to show their gratitude I'd really love a decent quality recording of the Rei Momo tour.

Cheers

Nic
FactsAreSimple
Little Creature
 
Posts: 6
Joined: October 30th, 2008, 9:31 pm
Location: A town in North Ontario

Re: Massey Hall Toronto

Postby iRene on November 4th, 2008, 7:17 pm

Much appreciated, thanks!
"Manchester, so much to answer for."
User avatar
iRene
Papa Legba
 
Posts: 288
Joined: September 7th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Re: Massey Hall Toronto

Postby francey on November 4th, 2008, 8:51 pm

Great work Nic, thans for sharing!

Btw. Did you by any chance record the entire show...?
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
User avatar
francey
Site Admin
 
Posts: 420
Joined: September 2nd, 2008, 5:35 pm

Re: Massey Hall Toronto

Postby FactsAreSimple on November 4th, 2008, 10:01 pm

I only wish I had a bigger memory card at the time. I actually didn't plan on taking much video but when I started recording it was hard to stop because I was mesmerized by it all. Blew out the 2 gb of memory about half way through or so with the video you saw. My camera takes decent video but it is really for still images. Sorry about that.

BTW -I actually called Massey Hall to ask about cameras because I saw Neil Young at the same venue last year and understood no cameras but when I got there they just had signs saying no flash and I was dissapointed I didn't bring one along. When I checked for DB the security people said ok just no professional rigs. Something others could keep in mind when they go to shows later in the tour... Photography policy may vary by venue.

francey wrote:Great work Nic, thans for sharing!

Btw. Did you by any chance record the entire show...?
FactsAreSimple
Little Creature
 
Posts: 6
Joined: October 30th, 2008, 9:31 pm
Location: A town in North Ontario

Re: Massey Hall Toronto

Postby FactsAreSimple on February 16th, 2009, 10:14 pm

I just came across this link selected tracks from the Toronto show in MP3 format or the entire show in flac

http://dylanomaniac.blogspot.com/2008/1 ... -hall.html

FactsAreSimple wrote:I only wish I had a bigger memory card at the time. I actually didn't plan on taking much video but when I started recording it was hard to stop because I was mesmerized by it all. Blew out the 2 gb of memory about half way through or so with the video you saw. My camera takes decent video but it is really for still images. Sorry about that.

BTW -I actually called Massey Hall to ask about cameras because I saw Neil Young at the same venue last year and understood no cameras but when I got there they just had signs saying no flash and I was dissapointed I didn't bring one along. When I checked for DB the security people said ok just no professional rigs. Something others could keep in mind when they go to shows later in the tour... Photography policy may vary by venue.

francey wrote:Great work Nic, thans for sharing!

Btw. Did you by any chance record the entire show...?
FactsAreSimple
Little Creature
 
Posts: 6
Joined: October 30th, 2008, 9:31 pm
Location: A town in North Ontario

Re: Massey Hall Toronto

Postby iRene on March 1st, 2009, 8:10 pm

Nice one Nic! Thanks.
;) 29 sleeps to go till Manchester's turn.
"Manchester, so much to answer for."
User avatar
iRene
Papa Legba
 
Posts: 288
Joined: September 7th, 2008, 12:58 pm


Return to HI, I GOT A TAPE I WANNA PLAY

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests