His gear?

The producer formerly known as a Modern Lover

His gear?

Postby Methodis on May 4th, 2009, 5:52 am

Hey guys, newbie who has a question about Harrison's gear he used in these two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4qy2OAKF4k

Found a Job, Stop Making Sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVIKF03KkVM

Born Under Punches, live in Rome

Unlike basses, my knowledge of guitars is slim to none, so maybe one of you guy's can help. Just wondering what guitars he was using in those two videos. Thanks guys :D
Methodis
Little Creature

Re: His gear?

Postby Chandler on May 6th, 2009, 10:43 am

Looks like a black Fender Stratocaster in "Found A Job"...

http://www.guitargallery.com.sg/estore/ ... caster.jpg

Chandler
Chandler
Ruby Dear

Postby Mr.DRC on May 6th, 2009, 11:16 am

Chandler, stop showing your Elder Statesman vocabulary. Its a "black Strat" to us Youngsters :respect:

How youm duin, me old RFH mayyt ? Woulda luved ta yap at The Bush t'end o' tha munth. ;) Guess o'il
kontent meself wi' tha oosual suspecs... :biere:

Don

p.s. Hi, Methodis. have to confess its the old Jerry- Joanna that tickles my ivories-or in my case Voltage
Controlled Oscillators ( try saying that after a few :drink: ! ) If memory serves, our Jezza had a
Yamaha CS-80 way back in 77. Nearest I've come is the Korg DS-10 Emulator for Ninentedo DSi(rene :P )

" It would help if you owned the latter hardware,DRC"
O.WWl
That's no way to talk about your fellow Board Member,Oscar.They may be tough-oop North, but the
Brummies can take em, any day :karate: Morning, Rene :lol:
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby tedkul on May 17th, 2009, 6:15 pm

In "Found a Job" it's definitely a black fender stratocaster, but there's lots of variation by year on these guitars (headstock shape, fretboard wood, number and postiion of screws on the pickguard). I'm sure someone at one of the Fender forums could help you identify the exact year.
tedkul
Bob / Judy

Postby Buck's Student on March 25th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Sorry for another revival.

What I love about Jerry is that he's obviously a guitar-nerd; the Tele he used for '77 was quite old and very valuable today. That black strat, his main guitar for years, was so cool because it had the P90 in the neck position - Not common in those days! He probably had it custom made, or had the guitar tech fiddle with it a lot. Of course, for all I know, he could have bought it used like that.

The Heads used the Roland chorus albums in the early eighties, just like King Crimson and Andy Summers. I'll take a wild guess and say the majority of their amps were Fender, though.

Interesting thing about David Byrne: Everyone says his first guitar with the heads was a Mustang - It was a modded Duo Sonic - with a humbucker. Quite a crazy combination/mod for those days! He kind of made the Strat his own instrument, though. I wonder what happened to his Gibson and two Duos?
Bucky
Buck's Student
Electric Guitar

Postby iRene on March 25th, 2011, 10:26 pm

They may be tough-oop North, but the
Brummies can take em, any day

In your dreams DRC- Birmingham is the soft south seen from here.
"Manchester, so much to answer for."
iRene
Papa Legba

Return to JERRY HARRISON