Denver, CO, Oct 12, 2008

Rock's Renaissance Man

Denver, CO, Oct 12, 2008

Postby thebigguy62 on October 13th, 2008, 11:46 am

Just a phenomenal show at the Temple Buell last night; I've seen him 2x before, in the 80's; at 45 I don't get out to shows at all anymore and this was the one to see. He had the balcony bouncing and there were lots of us older folks but there were 20 and 30 somethings loving the hell out of it too. Played Take Me To The River, not part of the Eno catalog but I'm sure glad I saw it done. Made my decade.

later
thebigguy62
Little Creature

Re: Denver, CO, Oct 12, 2008

Postby laidbak_bb on October 13th, 2008, 2:43 pm

glad to hear the show was great. i really wanted to make it to Denver for this show, but sadly i couldnt. ive been to the Temple Buell theater and thought it would be an awesome venue for the show. how was the crowd? full house?
laidbak_bb
Mojique

Postby iRene on October 13th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Hi Bigguy,
It took David Byrne to get this old lady out of gig-going retirement too, for the Eyeball tour in 2002. When I rediscovered how exciting live music is I just couldn't stop.
Glad you had fun!
"You're never too old to rock and roll if you're too young to die." Jethro Tull.
"Manchester, so much to answer for."
iRene
Papa Legba

Postby raelco on October 13th, 2008, 8:00 pm

The place ended up pretty full-great venue and nice upbeat crowd.

I thought the energy was stronger than when I saw him in New Mexico a few months ago but must say the mix could be much better-the guitar does not punch through enough (apparently intentionally) and the bass was way low-the mix has the feeling that Dave has practiced enossification but the sound could be much better as could the song selection,although at least he played an extra song last night-Burning Down The House.

Anyway, I promised the guy who sold me my ticket some video and/or goodies so if it was you who sold me a Section C, Row R ticket last night, get in touch please.

Scott 3-875-9061
raelco
Little Creature

Return to DAVID BYRNE