Kansas City Show - 10.19.08

Rock's Renaissance Man

Kansas City Show - 10.19.08

Postby laidbak_bb on October 3rd, 2008, 8:54 pm

I am very, very excited for the KC show. Im a long time fan but this will be my first DB or TH concert, I missed him a few years ago when his tour stopped in KC and Im glad to get another opportunity. David Byrne is a genious.

Any others going to the KC show? This will also be the first concert Ive seen at The Uptown Theater, but I have heard that it is a very cool venue.

http://www.uptowntheater.com/
laidbak_bb
Mojique

Re: Kansas City Show - 10.19.08

Postby laidbak_bb on October 20th, 2008, 2:06 pm

Such a great show last night. Just awesome. David Byrne is a genius. My wife and I had third row seats at this intimate venue, and it was just absolutely unbelievable. The show was high energy, great mix of songs, the entire band (and dancers) were just great. They all looked genuinely surprised at the enthusiasm from the KC crowd. We were very grateful for the show and let them know it.

After BDTH ended the second encore, I believe most thought the show would end. However the crowd continued to cheer emphatically and David Byrne nodded to the group on stage and they returned to their places for one more song. Just awesome.

Strange overtones
I Zimbra
One fine day
Help Me somebody
Houses in Motion
My Big Nurse
My Big hands
Heaven
Never Thought
Home
Crosseyed & Painless
Life is long
Once in Lifetime
Life During Wartime
I Feel my Stuff
Encore:
Take me to the River
The Great Curve
Second Encore:
Air
Burning Down the House
Third Encore:
Everything that Happens
laidbak_bb
Mojique

Postby dachilleus on October 20th, 2008, 4:27 pm

Sounds great! They must have packed up from the St Louis gig and drove straight over to KC. How "intimate" was the venue? The Fox here in St Louis is fairly large and looked quite full. The Orchestra Pit seats were extraordinarily expensive so we were back a ways. DB was still larger than life.
dachilleus
Little Creature

Postby laidbak_bb on October 20th, 2008, 5:37 pm

The Uptown is definatley smaller than the Fox (I actaully saw Wicked at the Fox with my wife earlier this year). i would have loved to catch the St.Louis show. im sure this show felt intimate to me since i was so close to the stage. but i think the capacity at The Uptown is around 2000-2500, and it was full. and DB and the entire band was very engaging with the crowd.
laidbak_bb
Mojique

Postby laidbak_bb on October 27th, 2008, 9:06 pm

Journal updates have been made at http://journal.davidbyrne.com/ and i was very bummed to see that DB's brief stop in KC didnt get a journal entry. skipped from St.Louis (10/18) to Lousiville (10/20). i have thoroughly enjoyed reading about the band's activities inbetween shows and cities. i was hoping to see some comments about the KC show, venue, crowd, ect. or sites they saw while here. oh well, guess their stop in KC was too short for any diversions.
laidbak_bb
Mojique

Return to DAVID BYRNE