DB European tourdates

Rock's Renaissance Man

Re: DB European tourdates

Postby benhammer on October 9th, 2008, 1:19 am

Hello Folks, This my is first post and I managed to get 3 seats in row B for the RFH on the 13th April. I must say I almost fried my brain obtaining these tickets whilst being at work and trying to use the RFH website and getting told to " choose again after selecting a seat for 41st time" and also waiting on a telephone line for the ticket office to answer plus fending off calls on a company mobile. The website was in meltdown and after 10 mins I got an answer. Having become a member a few days earlier and warned this was the best way to ensure "one ticket per member" I was told by the ticket office that I could have more I bought 3. This was on to the pre sale to members the last Thursday before they officially went on sale on the Friday. I looked later at the RFH website and almost all of front stalls for both days had gone the day before the official sale and suddenly they were appearing on ebay. I can imagine that fans not in the know are a little peeved. I must admit I thought that at the time I thought that tickets would not even reach the official sale, but last night I looked and there was still a few rear stalls left. I cannot wonder why most venues now don't go in for the online printing where you cannot get away with ripping off people on ebay and robbing the chance of true fans paying the correct price and not being able to resell. Possibly an answer is giving members of this site a pre sale facility before any other customers at any show. For me not getting a ticket was not an option, but you have to be there from the first second or it could be very expensive. All the best
benhammer
Little Creature

Postby Mr.DRC on October 22nd, 2008, 4:43 pm

Hiya all.Here's fun...
E-mail from Ticket Agency in UK for DB March 09 :Sorry for delay in tickets...be with you
within 2 days of event.

T.Call to venue Box Office: Oh,the Ticket Agencies ask us not to send block-booked tickets
until 4-6 weeks prior to gig ALTHOUGH we can send them to venue customers NOW who
book through the venue box office.

Anybody spot the difference?

"Jesus God,Frank!" (and although appropriate to our esteemed Leader,where is that
quote actually from?)

Don-Puzzlin Evidence-C.

((clarabo-don't worry,will PM shortly))
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby JohnnyJones on October 29th, 2008, 1:27 am

I'll be attending to the Glasgow gig in March. Will anybody from here be there?
JohnnyJones
Mojique

Postby qubism on October 29th, 2008, 10:22 pm

Nottingham , 2nd row!

Woo Hoo!

Richard S :jumpyjumpy:
qubism
Mojique

Postby reno on October 30th, 2008, 1:02 am

As long as I'm allowed to stand up and dance, I'll be happy.
:breakdance:
reno
Television man

Postby tony on October 30th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Hi Dublin posters! David was interviewed last night on Dave Fanning. The show is meant to be on again on friday which hope is a repeat as I only caught the last 3 mins. Basically talking about Talking heads.
I got row G at NCH so hopefully I wont have a creak in my neck. It seems to be sold out. I agree with the comments re the venue which is fairly small and usually used for opera or pantos. I would have liked standing arrangement in olympia or ambassador. Previous shows in the olympia were great but all seated for Grown B ackwards meant it took about a 30mins before everyone stood up. It will be the same story and probably worse in NCH. It is crazy to be sitting for I Zimbra but thats what will happen again. I wish he would move it to later in the show.

Tony
tony
Little Creature

Postby reno on October 31st, 2008, 1:44 pm

Nothing is stopping you from dancing on your own...go for it!
reno
Television man

Postby tony on October 31st, 2008, 8:06 pm

Yeah well thats the problem I need the crowd for camouflage .
I wish my dancing was equal to the smiley breakdancer
tony
Little Creature

Postby ozzy1927 on November 1st, 2008, 12:39 am

Bristol 27th march!!!!!
ozzy1927
Little Creature

Previous

Return to DAVID BYRNE