New York City Show(s) TBA.......

Rock's Renaissance Man

New York City Show(s) TBA.......

Postby pauly-p on September 23rd, 2008, 1:40 am

.....ok, so he just added Wash DC on Sun, Nov 9th...which means he takes that Mon the 10th off(after 3 nights in 3 different venues) so the next possible shows could be Tues Nov 11th( my sons 3rd birthday-so thats out!)or Wed Nov 12th (already have tixx to see Ratdog @ NJPAC-so thats out) my only saving grace is he waits till the weekend and does Fri or Sat (or both) show(s) in NYC. Please keep your fingers crossed that he doesn't book the shows for that Tues or Wed!!!! Thanks for the good vibes!!!
pauly-p
Ruby Dear

Re: New York City Show(s) TBA.......

Postby pauly-p on September 30th, 2008, 1:08 pm

ok...ok...I'm freaking out a little.....on the web site it says they are announcing European dates later today(Sept 30th)still NO mention of NYC dates.....??????.......I guess I'll check back later to see about adding city shows.....keep your fingers crossed......to be continued.....
pauly-p
Ruby Dear

Postby pauly-p on October 3rd, 2008, 1:17 am

....oh dear God in heaven....they just keep draggin me along....with still NO mention of NYC shows....I'm dying over here.......why wouldn't they announce the dates...say...NOW(???)I'm not going to friggin Europe to see him....but NYC....yeah, that's more do-able......so just announce the dates, for the love of all things sacred and holy!!!
pauly-p
Ruby Dear

Postby francey on October 3rd, 2008, 10:04 am

All November dates seem doable for anyone from NYC, doesn't it?

Usually with DB tours, he starts somehere, then tours another continent or two and then he goes for a second round around the world - so, if the tour is successful, it's very likely he'll do more date in the US after he's been in Europe, Australia etc.

And there's plenty of time between the -now- last US date and the first European one (notice Washington was only added recently), so I think if you just have a bit of patience and maybe some faith, DB might end up just on your doorstep.
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby Chris on October 3rd, 2008, 11:33 pm

francey wrote:All November dates seem doable for anyone from NYC, doesn't it?

Usually with DB tours, he starts somehere, then tours another continent or two and then he goes for a second round around the world - so, if the tour is successful, it's very likely he'll do more date in the US after he's been in Europe, Australia etc.

And there's plenty of time between the -now- last US date and the first European one (notice Washington was only added recently), so I think if you just have a bit of patience and maybe some faith, DB might end up just on your doorstep.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!

CF
Chris
Drummer

Postby pauly-p on October 6th, 2008, 2:26 pm

Whats cofusing to me is why he would hold back on the new york shows. Why would he make his new york fans wait till AFTER touring Europe...that's coo-coo. The whole reason I didn't get tickets to the other venues in the area was because I was waiting specifically for the new york shows. Now there's only shitty tickets left(back orchestra and balcony seats) I'm a up-front kind-a-guy.But thanks for the kind words Frank, I do tend to get a little "all or nothing" about things, It's my A.D.D. kicking in.I'll most likely go to the red bank show and scalp a ticket or get a left over from the box office.What's the worst that could happen?? I have to work my way down to the front...do a little dancing...bust some security guys chops. All in the name of good clean American fun!!
pauly-p
Ruby Dear

Postby Mr.DRC on October 6th, 2008, 2:29 pm

" Congratulations on breaking your duck, Mr.Frantz .You are such a card..."
Oscar WildWildLife
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby victoriawesome on October 7th, 2008, 6:24 am

stil waiting for NYC dates...but ill be at atlantic city and philly, sooo...ive got that going for me. which is nice. :)
victoriawesome
Little Creature

Postby pauly-p on October 7th, 2008, 1:06 pm

Hey victoria....welcome to the site!! Your a huge fan also I take it! You wouldn't happen to have an extra for either A.C. or Philly, would you? I just checked the site and it's down.....maybe uploading good news.
pauly-p
Ruby Dear

Postby victoriawesome on October 8th, 2008, 12:33 am

hey, thanks for the welcome! yeah, im a fan :) i actually miiiiiight (small chance) have an extra for philly....give me a few days and ill get back to you.
victoriawesome
Little Creature

Postby iRene on October 9th, 2008, 7:50 am

In this review - http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117938 ... 1&nid=2562 - it says that "Eno is not traveling with the band, whose tour continues to be expanded and is expected to secure a New York date in early November"
"Manchester, so much to answer for."
iRene
Papa Legba

Postby pauly-p on October 9th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement.......I just checked the site......and they added late Nov and Dec dates to the tour......still NO mention of NYC....can anyone feel my pain? Ok, maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but for the love of God....come the f@#% on already.....post the New York shows.....I'm dying over here.....(love the Morrissey reference-huge Smiths fan[on the pier;NYC, Queen is Dead tour])
pauly-p
Ruby Dear

Postby francey on October 9th, 2008, 2:15 pm

pauly-p wrote:Thanks for the words of encouragement.......I just checked the site......and they added late Nov and Dec dates to the tour......still NO mention of NYC....can anyone feel my pain? Ok, maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but for the love of God....come the f@#% on already.....post the New York shows.....I'm dying over here.....(love the Morrissey reference-huge Smiths fan[on the pier;NYC, Queen is Dead tour])

What I usually do when I want to see a band that's not playing my country (my country being about as populated as your city, so comparable situation) : I check my savings account, call a friendly neighbourhood venue, and call the artists agency (in this case LiveNation) to get things done myself. Costs some money, but at least you have total control + backstage access! (seriously, I've done this many times).

Not sure what DB's fee is for this tour (fee + % + expenses), but considering the venues he's playing you might want to check your solvability before making any calls.

...or give that phenomonon called "patience" a chance. I'm actually surprised he didn't do any try-outs in tiny little clubs in NYC, like he usually does before a tour... Or maybe he did and you missed them ;-)

Not funny Frank, not funny.
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby Mr.DRC on October 10th, 2008, 12:26 pm

backstage access

Can you expand on that one please,Frank? (Mainly because I would have been there in June with the unmarked currency in the plain brown envelope to see Mr and Mrs and Offspring/Friends up close and personal
at the RFH.Before the uc and p next morning , that is.) ;)
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby mscott on October 11th, 2008, 5:52 am

On this tour he has said that he had much longer to rehearse than previous shows so I guess he didn't need to play the smaller venues this time cos there is more money in the coffers due to Enos name being on it and the TH connection
mscott
Radio Head

Postby pauly-p on November 11th, 2008, 7:17 pm

If anyone cares: [url]update[/url]New York City has just been added, no on-sale date yet, Radio City Music Hall. Fri, Feb 27th.....
See what a little patience can do.....
pauly-p
Ruby Dear

Postby victoriawesome on November 11th, 2008, 8:18 pm

pauly-p wrote:If anyone cares: [url]update[/url]New York City has just been added, no on-sale date yet, Radio City Music Hall. Fri, Feb 27th.....
See what a little patience can do.....

hooraaaayyyy see ya there :D
victoriawesome
Little Creature

Postby pauly-p on November 14th, 2008, 1:57 am

hey Vic, did you ever get to the Philly show? Red Bank was HOT! I was 3rd row, then up front for the second half of the show, f-ing amazing! Can't wait for Radio City...stay in touch.....
pauly-p
Ruby Dear

Return to DAVID BYRNE