Opening band?

Rock's Renaissance Man

Opening band?

Postby sambolino on September 17th, 2008, 8:40 pm

Hey, any reports on an opening act? I saw Sam Phillips open for DB at the Ryman Auditorium in 2004. She was quite a trip!
Sambolino
"Changed my hairstyle so many times now I don't know what I look like."
sambolino
Little Creature

Re: Opening band?

Postby sambolino on September 19th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Apparently, based on the many responses and info I have read, there is no opening act (so far) for the current tour.
Sambolino
"Changed my hairstyle so many times now I don't know what I look like."
sambolino
Little Creature

Postby elbakan on September 19th, 2008, 6:31 pm

There was no opening act in Baltimore.
elbakan
Radio Head

Postby mscott on September 19th, 2008, 8:13 pm

Must be too early cos they've got to rehearse and check their technology after only doing 1 show for real
mscott
Radio Head

Postby muleskinner on September 23rd, 2008, 10:53 am

There is no opening band. He takes the stage about 15 minutes after the time on the ticket, so get there on time if you don't want to miss anything.
muleskinner
Radio Head

Postby Backsliding on November 23rd, 2008, 2:00 am

the Church has been advertised as the opening act for the Melbourne gig; they've been around for decades; a quality band (have had a few big singles, particularly in Australia, such as 'the Unguarded Moment' and 'Under the Milky Way', which gained some belated international exposure a few years ago when featured on the Donnie Darko soundtrack); suprising to see them supporting DB, but a pleasant suprise ...
Backsliding
Ruby Dear

Postby Crafty on November 23rd, 2008, 6:18 pm

I'm surprised nobody realized that the show starts pretty much "on time". Although the house lights are on there is an instrumental track that plays a few songs including "My Big Nurse". It helps set the subconscious :D mood.
I recommend some "brownies" before the show, get there on time and slam 4 quality beers before entering the show(it worked for me). :biere:
Crafty
Mojique

Postby tomtun on November 23rd, 2008, 11:23 pm

Crafty wrote:I'm surprised nobody realized that the show starts pretty much "on time". Although the house lights are on there is an instrumental track that plays a few songs including "My Big Nurse". It helps set the subconscious :D mood.
I recommend some "brownies" before the show, get there on time and slam 4 quality beers before entering the show(it worked for me). :biere:

we will be there early, manchester late march . jesus there will be a live album out before then i read he wasnt happy with everyone arriving late regards to all ,and thanks for a great :jumpyjumpy: site
tomtun
Little Creature

Postby AdamOz on November 27th, 2008, 10:19 am

In Oz, The Church are supporting.
AdamOz
Ruby Dear

Return to DAVID BYRNE