DB on Australian TV tonight

Rock's Renaissance Man

DB on Australian TV tonight

Postby Peterb on February 2nd, 2009, 12:25 pm

DB did an interview and feature article on ABC tv's "The 7.30 Report" tonight which is a national current affairs program here in Australia.

I caught the bulk of it. It was pretty standard stuff, video clips of Once In a Lifetime, SMS, Burning Down The House single filmclip. DB did a one on one interview and talked about how "Everything That Happens..." was created with Eno. He talked about how "My Life In The Bush..." was considered not, "100% their composition as they used borrowed sounds/speeches etc". He talked about Talking Heads, "We were into R&B, Funkadellic and other things around at the time".

I didn't catch 100% of it. Any Aussies out there who saw all of it?; fill us in on other things that were discussed.

No doubt it'll get youtubed.

Cheers

PB
Peterb
Bob / Judy

Re: DB on Australian TV tonight

Postby Peterb on February 2nd, 2009, 12:27 pm

AH - of course - here's a link to the whole interview/feature

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/

Enjoy
Peterb
Bob / Judy

Postby mdrmartin on February 2nd, 2009, 8:45 pm

Thanks for the link Peter, that was an excellent article.
:D
mdrmartin
Electric Guitar

Postby Peterb on February 4th, 2009, 9:25 am

Updated link - http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2008/s2480416.htm

(Video link on the right hand side)

They moved it from the front page...

Byrne seems very happy and chirpy in that interview. I remember when he did the Look Into The Eyeball tour here he hosted a music tv program on ABC called Rage. They pre-tape the host talking in between the filmclips. He looked so hot and tired and stuffed when he taped that...and I remember when I met him after his Melbourne show he looked really tired. So it was good to see him all chirpy.

He always plans his tours so he's in Australasia during our stinging summers. We have been having an insane heatwave here in Melbourne the last week or so. Last week we had 4 days in a row of 45 degrees celsius (113 F).

I'm seeing him play this Monday 9th Feb at Hamer Hall, which is the home of our Symphony Orchestra and has immaculate acoustics.

:jumpyjumpy:
Peterb
Bob / Judy

Postby reno on February 5th, 2009, 8:09 am

Thanks for that. Nice to see DB getting some air time. Although the host and the voice-over were a little stiff and the bio sounded like it was probably directly lifted off wikipedia!

I hope he gets some air time in the UK. Love to see him perform on the Jonathan Ross show or maybe The Culture Show. That would be awesome.

R
reno
Television man

Postby francey on February 5th, 2009, 11:58 am

David on the Graham Norton show -not just plerforming, but being interviewed/harassed would be really cool :D
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby Mr.DRC on February 5th, 2009, 4:01 pm

David on Richard and Judy...

Judy: Have you any unpublished manuscripts?
Richard (Starts beatbox ) : I can't seem to face up to the facts.
Our show is useless ,
David, do you pay tax?

DB:Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa -kin Hell! :evil:

"Unlikely"
O.WWL
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Return to DAVID BYRNE