The Byrne Era

Rock's Renaissance Man

The Byrne Era

Postby Ruben on January 29th, 2009, 1:46 am

Hi all,

I have designed a brand new David Byrne blog in spanish, called "La Era Byrne", which means The Byrne Era (it really is for us in terms of music, isn't it?). It's unfinished as I still have to add some things on the sidebars and work a bit more on the design, but most of it it's done, at least the basic part. I'll also add entries on the middle section with latest news, information about his albums and concerts, pics, streaming audio -live rare stuff-, music videos, etc. I'd like to convert this blog into something like a website with time, including, for instance, information about each of his albums labeled under the "discography" section, that way visitors will be able to browse it like a regular website. A lot of blogs use that format. That way I'll not only include news but also things from his entire career.

I also added the wonderful "Everything that Happens" gadget, I love it. :mrgreen:

I've been planning to re design my DB website in spanish since early '08... I used to have one between 2006-2007 on the awardspace server which did pretty well (I even got linked on DB's site which was wonderful!), but that's closed now, and this is kind of the new version of it!.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, and I know most of you won't understand it, and I'm sorry about that!, but I don't think I'm good enough at english to take the risk of making a website!. Besides, I don't think there are many DB websites in spanish around (in fact, I'm 99.9% sure there aren't any), so I hope this is helpful for those spanish speaking fans who don't understand english.

http://laerabyrne.blogspot.com

Hope you like it!,
Ruben.
Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that I just blew your mind?!?
Ruben
Gangster of Love

Re: The Byrne Era

Postby josecardozo on January 29th, 2009, 2:49 am

Hey! I tried to comment on the blog but I couldn't I don't know why. Great blog and articles, I really liked the live recordings you got there.

On the post regarding the song with the Dirty Projectors, you mention that DB appeared on 3 previous RedHot albums. You missed one: RedHot + Latin with Café tacuba singing Yolanda Niguas, it's a great song in case you haven't heard it.

Anyway, great job on the blog.

Buena vibra
josecardozo
Bob / Judy

Postby mdrmartin on January 29th, 2009, 7:55 am

Excellent site Ruben, muy bien!
:respect:
mdrmartin
Electric Guitar

Postby Ruben on January 30th, 2009, 12:24 am

Hi there,
Thanks so much for the positive comments, I'm glad you like it! :D

Jose, thanks for that tip, I will add the info on the post. I've heard that collaboration with Café Tacuba a while ago and it's great indeed, but I honestly didn't know that it was first released on a Red Hot compilation.

About the comments... I don't know what's wrong, I will take a look at it now and try to solve the problem.

Thanks again!
Ruben.
Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that I just blew your mind?!?
Ruben
Gangster of Love

Postby francey on January 30th, 2009, 8:27 pm

Great work Ruben - keep spreading the word amigo :-)
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Return to DAVID BYRNE