Chris Frantz - a patient man by nature...?

Rock's Renaissance Man

Chris Frantz - a patient man by nature...?

Postby elencherry on January 17th, 2009, 2:46 am

I hope someone can shed some light on this clip(?) Is Chris Frantz just an incredibly patient man by nature, or just too stoned to tell DB to stop talking shmack?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDYG0u19GY0
elencherry
Little Creature

Re: Chris Frantz - a patient man by nature...?

Postby jillis on February 1st, 2009, 9:57 am

It's mr Byrne doing Andy Warhol in his own peculiar way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Lhxnlri-4
jillis
Mojique

Postby reno on February 1st, 2009, 11:27 am

That is hilarious! CF is like David Byrne's mental health nurse.

Chris, you look so young there and so good-looking and so damn cool. Not that you're not cool anymore, just...heck, you know what I mean.
reno
Television man

Postby Mr.DRC on February 1st, 2009, 4:58 pm

Many a true word,reno.

DB Journal 04.15.06
I was a peculiar young man-borderline Asperger's, I would guess.

(Take a gander at the That Breakfast pics from last June.Chris is reprising his role as I wax-lyrical to Tina ;) )
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby iRene on February 10th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Maybe this is the reason.

"Experts believe that rhythmic drumming can aid health by inducing a deep sense of relaxation, reducing stress, and lowering blood pressure. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7872043.stm
"Manchester, so much to answer for."
iRene
Papa Legba

Postby Mr.DRC on February 10th, 2009, 7:22 pm

Thanks for the link,Rene. (I already tried to fwd it thru BBC site to an In-need-of-TLC Drummer we know ;) )
Don
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby Chris on February 10th, 2009, 8:56 pm

iRene wrote:Maybe this is the reason.

"Experts believe that rhythmic drumming can aid health by inducing a deep sense of relaxation, reducing stress, and lowering blood pressure. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7872043.stm

I'm happy to see that Topper is doing better. He can really rock. Yep, drumming can provide a deep sense of relaxation. At my last physical, my doctor told me I had the blood pressure of a healthy teenage girl.
And yes, I believe I am a patient man, although some days I have more patience than others.

I have a question. Can a person outgrow Asperger's syndrome or is it a lifetime thing?

Waiting patiently in a deep state of relaxation for an answer. :hippy:
Chris
Drummer

Postby JohnnyJones on February 11th, 2009, 12:07 am

Aw'right, I'm supposed to be the student in psychology here.

Asperger's syndrome presents the advantage to leave a *relatively* easy speech production to the patient. Hence therapeutic work is definitely possible, compared for instance to other types of autism. However, the question of outgrowing it, err, in a complete and definite sense, has for answer *probably not*.

Keep some patience then - might be needed later on ! :mrgreen:

(and sorry for potential frenchicisms contained in my post)
JohnnyJones
Mojique

Postby clarabo on February 11th, 2009, 1:56 am

Hello hello Mr Frantz - that's very good question - many psychotherapists ask the same thing :geek: And like JohnnyJones said - the probability of outgrowing AS is pretty low. But... in certain circumstances I think there should be some chances to say so - all depends on two things, I guess... I try to tell the story in a few words...
Asperger Syndrome is also called "highly or well functionig autism" so I'd like to look on it - as the boys from The Racounters sing in their one of fine refrains - as at the many shades of black. It can be light version of disorder and stronger versions, just different levels of that Syndrome. If somebody have milder AS, "outgrowing" can happen simply because of better mechanism of adaptation to the reality (reality??? what's that? :shock: ) And then, I guess we can use word: "outgrow" in the AS context. But - frankly - I'm still not so sure if that word will be 100% true or just a metaphore used in the right place.

And the second thing is that AS is not the mental illness - it's a disorder treated very often as a communication disfunction - AS people have special way of speaking, thinking, looking at the world, they are treated as a "strange" or "special" or "genius". They can't communicate easily with others, and they have difficultes with understanding because of the differences in communication systems. :waycool: But as I said before - if somebody has a milder AS and during his "social training" he practice some art therapy - music, writing lyrics, singing a lot of songs - I'm sure he gets better and better :waycool: Art as very therapeutic effect so why not? Maybe it can be possible to "outgrow" AS then.

I feel I'm too serious, I'm sorry.

So - if you ask me, I'm happy to answer your question: "Possibly Maybe", but I can be too optimistic :)

Let's better keep on breathing... :hippy:
clarabo
Ruby Dear

Return to DAVID BYRNE