New David Byrne FIlm Soundtrack

Rock's Renaissance Man

New David Byrne FIlm Soundtrack

Postby mscott on July 8th, 2010, 10:09 pm

David Byrne Tapped to Score New Paolo Sorrentino film "This must be the place"

The Playlist reports that This Must Be the Place, which presumably takes its title after the Talking Heads song, will star Sean Penn as a wealthy, middle-aged rock star whose retirement ennui leads him to track down his father’s executioner, an ex-Nazi war criminal taking refuge in the U.S. The film will also star Frances McDorman as Penn’s wife and Toni Servillo (who starred in Sorrentino’s Prix du Jury-winning Il Divo at 2008’s Cannes Film Festival) as the Nazi Penn's out to kill.

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=115&csid2=844&fid1=47963

Mick
mscott
Radio Head

Re: New David Byrne FIlm Soundtrack

Postby Mr.DRC on July 16th, 2010, 11:12 pm

Deep Sea Skiving Magazine reports Paul The Psychic Octopus will score the forthcoming movie
"This must be the plaice."

"It will be like shooting fish in a barrel," gurgled Paul.

"edge? losing? - yeah,right Frank !"

:blbl:

Don
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby iRene on July 20th, 2010, 11:54 pm

Another one?
"David Byrne is supplying nine tracks (including several songs from his 2008 collaboration with Brian Eno, Everything That Happens Will Happen Today) to the film and the soundtrack to Oliver Stone's upcoming Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. The soundtrack is due to be released September 21 on Todomundo Records."

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/july/2 ... stra.shtml
"Manchester, so much to answer for."
iRene
Papa Legba

Postby Buglet on July 22nd, 2010, 1:35 pm

Mr.DRC wrote:Deep Sea Skiving Magazine reports Paul The Psychic Octopus will score the forthcoming movie
"This must be the plaice."

"It will be like shooting fish in a barrel," gurgled Paul.

Totally off topic.

I made a T-shirt with 'ask Paul' and a picture of an octopus during the world cup. I wore it in public for the first time yesterday and you wouldn't believe the number of complete strangers who approached and asked either 'who's Paul?' or posed some dumb-ass and pathetic question, clearly expecting me to howl with laughter at their wit.

When I got home I took it off and will now only wear it when gardening.

:(
Buglet
Papa Legba

Postby Mr.DRC on July 23rd, 2010, 1:24 am

Buglet wrote:
Totally off topic.

I made a T-shirt with 'ask Paul' and a picture of an octopus during the world cup. I wore it in public for the first time yesterday and you wouldn't believe the number of complete strangers who approached and asked either 'who's Paul?' or posed some dumb-ass and pathetic question, clearly expecting me to howl with laughter at their wit.

When I got home I took it off and will now only wear it when gardening.

:(

No need to be shellfish,Buglet.Though, turbet you look cod in an Octopus's Garden in the shade. :blbl:

(Also mind that watering can.Wouldn't want the neighbours voting for 'Miss Wet Gardening Octopus Tee' in any contests...) ;)

(( I'd vote for you-Colleague.Gotta show solidarity to the b******s that grind us down ! )) :evil:

Don
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby Youdo on September 21st, 2010, 5:54 pm

Update:

On Friday, the movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps comes out, and I'm all over the soundtrack ! Oliver Stone's film recreates scenes from the bank collapses and bailouts, and the attendant shenanigans of a couple of years ago...and of course Gekko is back. Stone approached me about music a while back, and I met him at an office and gave him a pile of records. He ended up mainly using a lot of songs from my recent collaboration with Brian Eno (Everything That Happens Will Happen Today), a few songs from recent solo and dance score records, and a reprise of "This Must Be The Place," the Talking Heads song that was used in the first Wall Street movie. It was almost like I'd scored the picture.

Stone was super accommodating - inviting me numerous times to view rough assemblies to be sure I was OK with how the music was being used. This is pretty unusual; most times licensing a song for a movie is a bureaucratic formality, and the artist is never invited into the process. That said, I've only turned down movie song use once or twice for aesthetic reasons - if I thought a scene made unfortunate associations with a song.

If you've got these recordings already, this all won't mean anything to you, but if not, and if you see the movie and wonder, what was that music? - here is your answer. The music, along with some score pieces by fellow Scot Craig Armstrong, is available today on iTunes, and via all the usual download and online outlets.

-DB
Soho

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" Soundtrack Tracklisting

01 Craig Armstrong: "Prison"
02 David Byrne & Brian Eno: "Home"
03 David Byrne & Brian Eno: "Life Is Long"
04 David Byrne: "Sleeping Up"
05 David Byrne & Brian Eno: "Strange Overtones"
06 Craig Armstrong: "Money"
07 David Byrne & Brian Eno: "My Big Nurse"
08 Craig Armstrong: "Helicopter Reveal"
09 David Byrne: "Tiny Apocalypse"
10 David Byrne: "Lazy"
11 David Byrne & Brian Eno: "I Feel My Stuff"
12 Talking Heads: "This Must Be the Place (Naïve Melody)"
Youdo
Papa Legba

Postby Buglet on January 5th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Back to Paolo Sorrentino's 'This Must Be The Place'...

Apparently they've finished shooting the movie and it should be released in Autumn 2011. No news yet on what DB's soundtrack is.

8-)
Buglet
Papa Legba

Postby Wickeddoll on January 7th, 2011, 1:54 am

I truly hope he does original music for this new one. I don't care for Naive Melody per se, but new DB would be fabulous.

Natalie
http://www.wegrokspock.net/

"Wicked little doll, you have no soul"
Wickeddoll
Papa Legba

Postby Buglet on January 7th, 2011, 2:31 pm

And new material is a good excuse for a tour, yes?

;)
Buglet
Papa Legba

Postby Wickeddoll on January 7th, 2011, 11:35 pm

YES!

Natalie
http://www.wegrokspock.net/

"Wicked little doll, you have no soul"
Wickeddoll
Papa Legba

Postby mscott on January 9th, 2011, 5:18 pm

From what I can remember I think he is writing this for others to sing and he is writing with a guy called Bonnie PrinceBilly (Will Oldham) so unless I have this project mxed up with another one i wouldn't expect a tour. He is also making an album with St. vincent too

Can anyone clarify ?

Thanks Mick
mscott
Radio Head

Return to DAVID BYRNE