Burning Down the Echoplex! October 10, 2010

Wordy Rapping with Chris and Tina

Burning Down the Echoplex! October 10, 2010

Postby cyberyukon on October 12th, 2010, 4:52 am

Let me tell y'all...the band was on fire!! There was a young, hip crowd stuffed into the Echoplex in downtown Los Angeles last night. It was great to see a younger generation up on Tom Tom Club!

The opening Act, "Fool's Gold," blasted through a great opening set. Lead singer and former "Happy Mondays" member Paul Ryder and his gang combined guitars and beats into some pretty cool stuff.

But it was TTC who lit up the stage and got everyone dancing. The onstage chemistry between the band members was tight, strong, funky...like a jammin' nuclear blast.

And the band was all cool. Chris bestowed upon myself VIP access which gave me a once-in-a-lifetime backstage access to the band and the show. All of the Club are just a great group of people. Warm, gracious and welcoming. Had a great conversation with Tina about the film "24 Hour Party People" and with Chris about...well...everything. Fuzz is just the most open guy (come hang in Vegas, dude!) and Victoria is so sweet and cool. Plus, she has the prettiest eyes! Spent quite a bit of time talking with Mystic Bowie about his career and gigging in the Tri-state area, Bruce Martin about synths and Kid Ginseng about mixing, synths and music.

Thanks, Chris and Tina. You guys are the best. :D :D :D

Check out some photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=76113&id=1661268882&l=cecd24d335
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Re: Burning Down the Echoplex! October 10, 2010

Postby francey on October 12th, 2010, 2:47 pm

:respect: [LIKE] ;-)
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby Karen B on October 29th, 2010, 3:53 am

Ah, thank you for the pics. There's another great night I missed out on. In LA no less, geez. Cyber I'm so glad you got to go. How you went from the UP to Vegas and LA is a story upon itself. Where does your brother hail from now? I am long over due to pay the western part of my family a visit. And my sister in London, I simply need to make more money to hurry up and fly before it becomes too expensive. The fares still aren't bad though. When they swing through again, I shall be there.
Karen B
Mojique

Postby cyberyukon on October 30th, 2010, 3:46 am

Hey, Karen!!

My brother is still in da Motor City, hoping for the economics to turn around.

The Southwest is the place to be! Good for the bones and the soul!!

When are you and Renie comin' to visit??

:biere: :biere: :biere:
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Postby Karen B on November 3rd, 2010, 6:48 am

As soon as possible, wouldn't that be fun?
Karen B
Mojique

Return to TOM TOM CLUB