HOF question

The band and their music

HOF question

Postby Animal Boy on May 15th, 2010, 9:11 pm

So,I'm going to the HOF next month. Any Talking Heads memorabilia I should be on the look out for?

:coffee:
Animal Boy
Gangster of Love

Re: HOF question

Postby francey on May 15th, 2010, 9:41 pm

I was there a few years ago and was impresed by some very nice TH pieces (that were a wee bit to big and secured to drop in my bag)... I don't know if regulary ever change the collecion, so it might just be their name on the wall when you go, but I remember seeying the original Polaroid mosaic that was done for the cover of 'More songs about building and food", one of the SMS suits (among a lot of other iconic r&r suits from the past) and some nice pictures. There's more, but I'm not in the mood to remember things... (jetleg...) Have fun and keep us posted on what you saw.
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby Animal Boy on May 16th, 2010, 1:19 am

I defintely will.(With pictures :mrgreen: ) It'd be awesome to see the big suit but heck I'd be happy with just their names on the wall.Not sure how I'll find them though.Not sure how they place things in their? By band? By subject?

Animal Boy
Gangster of Love

Postby francey on May 16th, 2010, 7:36 pm

[quote="Animal Boy"]I defintely will.(With pictures :mrgreen: ) It'd be awesome to see the big suit but heck I'd be happy with just their names on the wall.Not sure how I'll find them though.Not sure how they place things in their? By band? By subject?

From what I remember, they have certain sections loosely based on era and/or genre. It's not as big as you might think, give it a couple of hours and you've seen everything. I loved seeying the ZZ Top car - it's in front of the 'More songs' polaroids. You'll find the big suit in the suits section. The only sign of TH in the I could find in the merchandise store was their name printed on the back of hte r&rHoF T-shirts (along with all other inductees).
francey
Site Admin

Postby Animal Boy on May 16th, 2010, 8:57 pm

2 questions if you will

1/Where is the polaroid mosaic for More Songs About Buildings And Food located?
&
2.Is the drum set from SMS there? I rember they said it was given to the HOF on the SMS commentary.

Animal Boy
Gangster of Love

Postby francey on May 17th, 2010, 10:01 am

Animal Boy wrote:2 questions if you will

1/Where is the polaroid mosaic for More Songs About Buildings And Food located?
&
2.Is the drum set from SMS there? I rember they said it was given to the HOF on the SMS commentary.

1. Near the beginning of the exhibition. Can't miss it, it's huge!

2. Not that I remember, but it's been a few years since I've been there. If it's there, you won't miss it, it's not that big.
francey
Site Admin

Return to TALKING HEADS