Bootlegs I've Never Heard of

The band and their music

Bootlegs I've Never Heard of

Postby tedkul on February 11th, 2010, 6:50 pm

While searching the net, I happened upon this site:

http://www.bigozine2.com/tradelist/list29.html

Most of the stuff listed is pretty run of the mill, but these three intrigue me:

Talking Heads - Studio Outtakes, Demos & Alternates [no label 1CD] various sessions from Talking Heads 1977 through Remain In Light. Ex SBD stereo.

Talking Heads - Outtakes 1980s [no label 1CD Traders Den 17895] 5 tracks not found on the 2005 Talking Heads reissues or the "Brick" boxset. Ex SBD stereo. SHORT.

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense Work Tapes [no label 2CD lossless legs 2040933] live in December 1983 thought to be at Pantages Theatre in Hollywood, CA. TH played 4 nights on the 14, 15 & 16. The shows were recorded for the movie Stop Making Sense. The movie used footage from Dec 14 and 15. Talking Heads final show was on Dec 16, 1983. They would never play together again. "This IS the working tape for "Stop Making Sense". One of the mixes was sent, by courier, across town during production for some preliminary mastering and the "courier" made a copy...and lost his job... I know his big brother and have had 2nd gen cass for 23 years!" - sunshinedavedream. Ex SBD stereo.

Anyone heard these? Is the SMS worktape legit?

Any info would be appreciated.
tedkul
Bob / Judy

Re: Bootlegs I've Never Heard of

Postby tedkul on January 8th, 2012, 8:20 am

Bump.
tedkul
Bob / Judy

Re: Bootlegs I've Never Heard of

Postby NotSid on January 15th, 2012, 8:14 am

MAN, SUPER DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY DIDN'T INCLUDE DOWNLOAD LINKS.
NotSid
Ruby Dear

Return to TALKING HEADS