Give Me Back My Name

The band and their music

Give Me Back My Name

Postby topjulian on July 31st, 2009, 12:49 am

Which Talking Heads song (in your opinion) has the best name?
topjulian
Ruby Dear
 
Posts: 30
Joined: June 11th, 2009, 10:01 pm

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby reno on July 31st, 2009, 1:22 am

Always thought these were great song titles (and songs!):

. Crosseyed & Painless
. Tentative Decisions
. Paper
. Making Flippy Floppy
. Houses in Motion
. I'm Not In Love
. I Zimbra
. Seen And Not Seen

I once made a compilation of songs with one word titles. ;)
User avatar
reno
Television man
 
Posts: 119
Joined: September 7th, 2008, 12:38 pm

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby Mr.DRC on July 31st, 2009, 8:15 pm

Don't Worry About The Government.

Anybody who doesn't?

Anywhere?

:arrow:
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
User avatar
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy
 
Posts: 754
Joined: September 8th, 2008, 11:23 am
Location: Moominvalley

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby wupot on July 31st, 2009, 9:31 pm

The Girls want to be with the Girls
wupot
Bob / Judy
 
Posts: 65
Joined: September 7th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby topjulian on August 22nd, 2009, 4:15 pm

I think the song Radio Head has a pretty cool name. :jumpyjumpy:
topjulian
Ruby Dear
 
Posts: 30
Joined: June 11th, 2009, 10:01 pm

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby francey on August 23rd, 2009, 6:41 pm

topjulian wrote:I think the song Radio Head has a pretty cool name. :jumpyjumpy:


Catchy, indeed. Would make a nice bandname!
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
User avatar
francey
Site Admin
 
Posts: 420
Joined: September 2nd, 2008, 5:35 pm

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby topjulian on September 12th, 2009, 2:41 am

francey wrote:
topjulian wrote:I think the song Radio Head has a pretty cool name. :jumpyjumpy:


Catchy, indeed. Would make a nice bandname!


Don't you mean MAKES a nice band name?
topjulian
Ruby Dear
 
Posts: 30
Joined: June 11th, 2009, 10:01 pm

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby Backsliding on November 16th, 2009, 5:32 am

continuing on with the 'name' theme of this thread (but digressing slightly from the OT), I recall someone (maybe Cyberyukon ??) starting a thread on the old Talking Heads board which challenged our members to list any 'named' characters in Talking Heads songs - here's the ones I can think of :

Ruby ('Ruby Dear')
Johnny Jones (also from 'Ruby Dear')
Mr Jones ('Mr Jones')
Bill ('Bill')
Bob and Martha ('Totally Nude')
Bob and Judy ('Found a Job')
Mojique ('Listening Wind')
Papa Legba ('Papa Legba')


can anyone else think of any others ?
Backsliding
Ruby Dear
 
Posts: 38
Joined: November 22nd, 2008, 6:40 am

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby Mr.DRC on November 16th, 2009, 10:22 am

Surely not forgetting, Oscar WildWildLife ('Wild Wild Life') :respect:

Papa Legba ;)

(Why am I hearing Viv Stanshall announcing these names... :lol: )
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
User avatar
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy
 
Posts: 754
Joined: September 8th, 2008, 11:23 am
Location: Moominvalley

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby finnikko on December 2nd, 2009, 3:08 am

Listening Wind
Life During Wartime
Clean Break
Uppers and downers, either way blood flows.
User avatar
finnikko
Mojique
 
Posts: 22
Joined: September 7th, 2008, 5:30 pm

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby topjulian on December 3rd, 2009, 1:55 am

Backsliding wrote:continuing on with the 'name' theme of this thread (but digressing slightly from the OT), I recall someone (maybe Cyberyukon ??) starting a thread on the old Talking Heads board which challenged our members to list any 'named' characters in Talking Heads songs - here's the ones I can think of :

Ruby ('Ruby Dear')
Johnny Jones (also from 'Ruby Dear')
Mr Jones ('Mr Jones')
Bill ('Bill')
Bob and Martha ('Totally Nude')
Bob and Judy ('Found a Job')
Mojique ('Listening Wind')
Papa Legba ('Papa Legba')


can anyone else think of any others ?


Seems that most of the names seem to occur on "Naked".
topjulian
Ruby Dear
 
Posts: 30
Joined: June 11th, 2009, 10:01 pm

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby Backsliding on December 3rd, 2009, 3:00 am

topjulian wrote:
Backsliding wrote:continuing on with the 'name' theme of this thread (but digressing slightly from the OT), I recall someone (maybe Cyberyukon ??) starting a thread on the old Talking Heads board which challenged our members to list any 'named' characters in Talking Heads songs - here's the ones I can think of :

Ruby ('Ruby Dear')
Johnny Jones (also from 'Ruby Dear')
Mr Jones ('Mr Jones')
Bill ('Bill')
Bob and Martha ('Totally Nude')
Bob and Judy ('Found a Job')
Mojique ('Listening Wind')
Papa Legba ('Papa Legba')


can anyone else think of any others ?


Seems that most of the names seem to occur on "Naked".


True - I'm sure I'm missing some, like Johnny Jones (also from Naked ..'Ruby Dear')
Backsliding
Ruby Dear
 
Posts: 38
Joined: November 22nd, 2008, 6:40 am

Re: Give Me Back My Name

Postby fredd2332 on December 4th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Backsliding wrote:continuing on with the 'name' theme of this thread (but digressing slightly from the OT), I recall someone (maybe Cyberyukon ??) starting a thread on the old Talking Heads board which challenged our members to list any 'named' characters in Talking Heads songs - here's the ones I can think of :

Ruby ('Ruby Dear')
Johnny Jones (also from 'Ruby Dear')
Mr Jones ('Mr Jones')
Bill ('Bill')
Bob and Martha ('Totally Nude')
Bob and Judy ('Found a Job')
Mojique ('Listening Wind')
Papa Legba ('Papa Legba')


can anyone else think of any others ?


Al Capone ('Gangster of Love')
fredd2332
Ruby Dear
 
Posts: 43
Joined: September 12th, 2008, 1:57 pm


Return to TALKING HEADS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron