'Psycho Killer' Drum Machine Backing Track...

The band and their music

'Psycho Killer' Drum Machine Backing Track...

Postby halflip87 on May 5th, 2009, 4:35 am

A long time ago, on the old message board, I posted a recreation of the Psycho Killer TR-808 Drum Machine track used on Stop Making Sense. Just recently I decided to try and update it and try and get it more accurate than it was before. I was probably 16 when I first made it, now I'm 22! It uses the actual samples from a TR-808 drum machine; the same one used to create the original track. I simply placed the samples into a sequencer program and looped away...

For reference, the timing of the track is based off of the movie version of the song (1st Chorus: Short, 2nd Chorus: Long, Last Chorus: Short).

I'm pretty happy with the results, aside from a few sounds which leaked through, some hiss and the difficult-to-recreate skipping parts at the end. Hopefully you'll enjoy it, and will be able to channel your inner Byrne playing along with the track!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UQO0SEY5

If the link doesn't work, shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to pass it along, or host it on another site.

-Doug
halflip87
Mojique

Re: 'Psycho Killer' Drum Machine Backing Track...

Postby cyberyukon on May 12th, 2009, 6:37 am

Doug--the track is as brilliant now as it was when you first posted it all those years ago. Great job and God Bless the Roland TR 808!!
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Postby JohnnyJones on May 13th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Very good job indeed. Thanks a lot !
JohnnyJones
Mojique

Postby tedkul on May 17th, 2009, 6:58 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! AMAZING!!!
tedkul
Bob / Judy

Postby Buglet on May 22nd, 2009, 5:19 pm

This is fantastic! Just listening to this makes me sing the song in my head and remember the film. I really love the stuff at the end. WOW!!!!
Buglet
Papa Legba

Postby JimBug on November 18th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Hello All,
I know its a few years since anybody has posted on this thread but I am hoping that somebody will get it.
I am learning guitar and would really like to be able to play Psycho Killer to this backing track... the link is broken... would anybody be able to send on the MP3?
I sent a message to halflip87 but in case he doesn't get it Im throwing it out to others in the group who might be able to help.
Thanks in advance.
Jim
JimBug
Little Creature

Return to TALKING HEADS