The band and their music

Houses in Motion

Postby francey on September 7th, 2008, 9:16 am

Michael
Die-hard member
Username: Mscott

Post Number: 308
Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 10:02 pm:
I remember getting the 12 inch in 82 and thought this was much better than the RIL version. The vocals are much more haunting and the extra verse is excellent

I was surprised that this didn't make it to the Brick release a couple of years ago
Here were you are standing dinosaurs did a dance..

Francey
Die-hard member
Username: Francey

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 09:46 am:
The "Houses in Motion" version you found was the single mix, released bakc in the early 80s. Besdies the promo 7", it's also out as regular single (with picture sleeve) and 12".
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself?" - Francey

David Taylor
Username: Pastawrangler

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 09:32 pm:

I found something interesting yesterday and thought this was the place to bring it up. Anyone familiar with a remix of Houses In Motion? I was in a local record shop yesterday and they had a promo only 7" of Houses which listed it as a remix. The A side had a stereo mix and the B side a mono mix. The shop owner played it for me and it indeed was different. In fact, while I'm not 100% sure, I thought it had a little bit of an additional verse at the end. Along with that possibility, I know the mix was cleaner as I could hear the bass a little better and the female backup singers were much higher in the mix during the chorus.

So, anyone else familiar with this? I thought about getting the guy to burn me a copy of the single but he wanted 8 bucks for less than 10 minutes of music. That's pretty goddamn ridiculous so I paid $5 for the single and figured I'd find a way to record it elsewhere.

So, anyone know about this one?
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Re: Houses in Motion

Postby Paulie on September 7th, 2008, 3:50 pm

Yeah, never understood why so many rarities have failed to be released on CD. Esp on the compilations. Remix of 'Houses of Motion' has a lot to recommend it. Maybe the master tape went walkies...?
Paulie
Little Creature

Re: Houses in Motion

Postby bigideas on September 22nd, 2008, 6:54 pm

wow, a whole extra verse?

i'm never big into remixes (simply extending the backing track and/or just taking the original vocals and making an entirely new backing track) but that sounds like a little different beast than a remix.

since this is no longer commercially available, can someone post an mp3 of it?
(or is that frowned upon?)
click. click. see ya later.
bigideas
Ruby Dear

Return to TALKING HEADS