HD Quality Recording of The Talking Heads

The band and their music

HD Quality Recording of The Talking Heads

Postby melissagreenberg on July 12th, 2011, 8:22 pm

How much would you be willing to pay for a High Quality recording of The Talking Heads? Comes from the original masters of the records, available on HDtracks.com. We're interested in your answers!
melissagreenberg
Little Creature

Re: HD Quality Recording of The Talking Heads

Postby qubism on July 16th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Hi Melissa,

Do you work for HDtracks?

Short answer $17.98 which is what you already charge for RIL :)

Long answer for me personally, zero pounds as I live in Ye Olde Town of Nottingham and you don't seem to sell to most of the planet, just that little part called US ...AND I can listen to my DVD audio discs in my BRICK boxset :) (If you will ask the hardcore fans :respect: , this is the answer you'll get :)

Tell me when you start selling to at least the UK and get The True Masters of audio production on board, those Swiss gentlemen called YELLO! then I'll pay $17.98 for all of their albums in HD :)

Do you want my album for em:t records of Nottingham, Qubism 2294 legendary in the ambient world! It would Reeeeeeeally rattle the speakers in HD!
I have a 2 disc special edition remastered in 2009 ready to go and unavailable anywhere else on the planet!

Cheers,

Richard Qubism Shepherd
qubism
Mojique

Postby Rick on July 22nd, 2011, 3:12 pm

@quibism

The downside to the DVD-A set is you have to have a DVD-A player to enjoy them, and you can't rip the high resolution tracks for use on a portable music player. At this point in time, AFAIK, HD Tracks is the only way to get past both of these limitations. Sorry you can't buy them in the UK though. That sucks.
Rick
Ruby Dear

Postby Buck's Student on August 4th, 2011, 1:37 pm

I'm a musician, self-producer, and have remastered albums by R.E.M., Glen Campbell, and Keith Whitley for my own listening. If anyone wants an HD track, I can make it for you free.
Bucky
Buck's Student
Electric Guitar

Postby Rick on August 26th, 2011, 2:29 am

HD Tracks just released "True Stories" for download at 96KHz/24Bit. It appears they're releasing all TH albums one by one every two months or so. If they continue this pattern, there should be two more titles released by the end of the year.

While not my personal favorite, there are a couple of really great tracks on TS. "Papa Legba", "Dream Operator", "People Like Us", and "City of Dreams" are my choices.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file ... 3497941063
Rick
Ruby Dear

Postby francey on September 18th, 2011, 12:00 pm

Why would you buy these downloads...? Do you actually hear any difference over the "Brick" remasters? (and how can you be sure this just isn't a resampling of the Brick remaster...?)
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby NotSid on September 24th, 2011, 7:40 pm

francey wrote:Why would you buy these downloads...? Do you actually hear any difference over the "Brick" remasters? (and how can you be sure this just isn't a resampling of the Brick remaster...?)

This, I'm very wary of this whole operation. Is it even legit?
NotSid
Ruby Dear

Return to TALKING HEADS