New to board.

The band and their music

New to board.

Postby gerber on January 16th, 2011, 4:00 am

First post. This is silly but I want a Talking Heads bumpersticker for my car.
I'm 50-ish, a housewife who has been listening to this band for over 25 years, drive a beetle, and if there is a 7 year old kid in the backseat we are CRANKING TH LOUD.
It just seems fitting and I want one. Can anyone help me? Having no luck online.
Please let me know!
gerber
Little Creature

Re: New to board.

Postby mdrmartin on January 19th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Welcome Gerber!
Never seen one myself. Maybe someone here will design, print and sell one to us all???
:hippy:
mdrmartin
Electric Guitar

Postby tedkul on January 20th, 2011, 3:36 am

While driving on a highway a couple of years ago, I saw a bumper sticker that read

"This is not my beautiful car."

Closest I've seen.
tedkul
Bob / Judy

Postby Buck's Student on February 7th, 2011, 4:57 am

gerber wrote:First post. This is silly but I want a Talking Heads bumpersticker for my car.
I'm 50-ish, a housewife who has been listening to this band for over 25 years, drive a beetle, and if there is a 7 year old kid in the backseat we are CRANKING TH LOUD.
It just seems fitting and I want one. Can anyone help me? Having no luck online.
Please let me know!

Hey there! I'm new too, and I'm now hijacking this thread. :karate: :lol:

I'm Bucky. That's not my real name, but it's shorter than Buck's Student: Peter Buck of REM is my hero. I run an REM message board called Ourrem (ourrem.com, and no, that's not spam).

I got into the Talking Heads as a highschool freshman (just around four or five years ago), and it was all thanks to my fiance, Alana. Her father was, and still is, a huge fan, so she grew up with them. My first album was Fear of Music. I had read about REM being influenced by them, and had only heard Burning Down The House... I thought David was a really weird singer, and on that song, he certainly is unique, but Alana told me to give them a chance. Now four years later, with tons of King Crimson and Eno albums later, I still listen all the time (Listening to Little Creatures, right now).

I have a few questions that maybe you guys can answer... ;)
Bucky
Buck's Student
Electric Guitar

Postby tedkul on February 8th, 2011, 5:27 am

There's one on ebay right now that reads:

And you may ask yourself: How do I work this?

Search Talking Heads Bumper Sticker.
tedkul
Bob / Judy

Postby HeadGardener on January 18th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Hi - I am new here too but am a longtime fan ever since '77 so yes, I am as old as you!
I do have some really nice TH stuff I shall try to post up and show you soon, a signed photo, badges,
records, promos etc so I look forward to chatting with you - Cheers!
HeadGardener
Little Creature

Return to TALKING HEADS