TH Cover of Pablo Picasso?

The band and their music

TH Cover of Pablo Picasso?

Postby mikemlbi on June 4th, 2010, 11:36 am

Is this true, has anyone ever heard of this? I've always loved the Burning Sensations version on the Repo Man soundtrack.

P.S. Francey, I'll be in Hillegom for the next two months; where is the record shop you frequent (own?) in Den Haag?

from a torrent
[url]http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=306008
[/url]
TALKING HEADS
MAX'S KANSAS CITY, New York City, USA
OCTOBER 9, 1976
AUDIENCE RECORDING BY SKOTF
SKOTF ARCHIVE VOL. 33

AUD>MASTER CASSETTE>STAND ALONE BURNER>WAV>AUDACITY>FLAC

Here is the T-Heads' set opening for the Ramones, which is already on the tracker. A halfway decent double-bill. Somewhere in the middle of the second song there is an interuption and then it comes back on just one channel. So it is now (after a fix w/ audacity) 2-channel mono. It sounds just fine - there is some chatter here and there. Couple of cool covers for sure. I'm not positive on all the song titles so if there are corrections just let me know. It's a fresh burn from the master cassette, and is either uncirculated or an upgrade with known lineage.

BAND: David Byrne, Tina Weymouth, Chris Frantz

SETLIST:
01. artists only
02. 1-2-3 red light (1910 Fruitgum Co.)
03. 1-2-3 red light (conc.)
04. happy day
05. don't worry about the government
06. psycho killer
07. love>building on fire
08. thank you for sending me an angel
09. with our love
10. pablo picasso
11. i'm not in love
hanging upside down,
mike/m
LBI, NJ
mikemlbi
Ruby Dear

Re: TH Cover of Pablo Picasso?

Postby mscott on June 4th, 2010, 11:48 am

Jerry was in the modern lovers just before TH and they did a song about Pablo Picasso. However, this looks as so it was before Jerry joinedso don't know

M
mscott
Radio Head

Postby Mr.DRC on June 4th, 2010, 12:05 pm

mikemlbi wrote:
Francey...where is the record shop you frequent (own) in Den Haag?

Frank has no time to haunt the halls of LaLaLand.Not when there are pictures to be posted from iPhones to virtual worlds. Get a grip. :P

Don
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby Youdo on June 4th, 2010, 2:47 pm

Yes indeed it is a cover of the Modern Lovers song.

I read somewhere that the Modern Lovers were playing in town the next night.
Youdo
Papa Legba

Postby francey on June 5th, 2010, 10:12 am

Yes, I've got this recording of TH doing Pable Picasso. Maybe this was one of those gigs where Jerry was
in the audience and not in the band yet and they they tried to impress him ;-)

La La Land is in Den Haag, about 15-20 minutes from Hillegon, see http://www.lalalandmusic.nl/english-info for directions. I usually only work there on saturdays myself, but let me know when you plan to drop by - we're closed for a few days of holiday in June and since we're the only attraction left in Den Haag it would be a pity if came and the doors were closed ;-)

Frank>
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby mikemlbi on June 23rd, 2010, 9:09 am

Hi Francey, I will be in Den Haag for sure this Sun, 27 June for ParkPop. Nena is there, c'mon! :D No pressure, just thought i'd stop by and say Hi. 34KM in 20m? not with those safety cameras!!!

>>La La Land is in Den Haag, about 15-20 minutes from Hillegon, see http://www.lalalandmusic.nl/english-info >>for directions. I usually only work there on saturdays myself, but let me know when you plan to drop by - we're >>closed for a few days of holiday in June and since we're the only attraction left in Den Haag it would be a pity if >>came and the doors were closed
hanging upside down,
mike/m
LBI, NJ
mikemlbi
Ruby Dear

Postby francey on June 23rd, 2010, 12:02 pm

mikemlbi wrote:Hi Francey, I will be in Den Haag for sure this Sun, 27 June for ParkPop. Nena is there, c'mon! :D No pressure, just thought i'd stop by and say Hi. 34KM in 20m? not with those safety cameras!!!

I'll be reporting live from Parkpop this sunday... and as for those safety camera's: you know that only 1 in 4 actually works, don't you?
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Return to TALKING HEADS