Superbowl and the Who

The place to be totally off-topic.

Superbowl and the Who

Postby cyberyukon on February 8th, 2010, 2:32 am

The best thing about the Superbowl was the fxcking Who.

Great to see Daltrey and Townshend assault the senses with forty-five years' worth of solid Rock 'n Roll (even though they were looking a little long in tooth).

Did anyone else catch this? Townshend's wicked sense of humor certainly made their selection of "Won't Get Fooled Again", an anthem against the tyranny of "The Man", particularly ironic given the corporate overkill of the whole Superbowl event.
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Re: Superbowl and the Who

Postby Chris on February 8th, 2010, 3:09 pm

WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DEM SAINTS?

I'm not much of a football fan but that was a hell of a game....and how about that Zack Starkey? :respect:
Chris
Drummer

Postby cyberyukon on February 9th, 2010, 7:42 am

Pretty darned awesome he was, hitting those snares and toms with a furor that woul dmake 'ol Mr. Moon proud. I'm sure his Dad is smiling!!

But now I have to take tomorrow off. They roadies are bringing back my computer light stage. I let Pete and Roger use it for the weekend. Gotta get it back into the garage. Do you know how hard it is to fit that thing into my garage?
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Postby Camden Furse on February 10th, 2010, 6:27 am

I was surprised how many fans were disappointed by the show...despite the obvious evidence that the guys have aged, they still put forth one hell of an effort.
"Hello, we're murderers...er, Twix, please.
Camden Furse
Mojique

Return to NO HEADS, JUST TALKING