Let Me Get This Straight, Northwest Airline People...

The place to be totally off-topic.

Let Me Get This Straight, Northwest Airline People...

Postby cyberyukon on December 26th, 2009, 7:14 pm

...tube of toothpaste...nope.

...can of hairspray.....no sir.

...mouthwash....no way.

...firecrackers? Well COME RIGHT ON BOARD AND HAVE A SEAT!!!

:? :? :?
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Re: Let Me Get This Straight, Northwest Airline People...

Postby francey on December 27th, 2009, 4:33 pm

cyberyukon wrote:...firecrackers? Well COME RIGHT ON BOARD AND HAVE A SEAT!!!
:? :? :?

It wasn't firecrackers, but some powder attached to his leg and an injection needle with some liquid... (never paid much attention during chemistry, but apparently power and a liquid is all you need to set your own leg on fire...)

Crazy people...
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby cyberyukon on December 27th, 2009, 6:01 pm

So the guy was concealing the stuff under his clothes.

So the logical next step would be to simply ban clothing from airliners!!!
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Postby francey on December 28th, 2009, 11:43 pm

cyberyukon wrote:So the guy was concealing the stuff under his clothes.
So the logical next step would be to simply ban clothing from airliners!!!

Or people...

we've all got internet nowadays, why move your physical self from A to B anyway...?!
francey
Site Admin

Postby cyberyukon on December 29th, 2009, 9:43 am

Excellent point!

Now, what most people have overlooked is that we're talking Northwest Airlines here. I'm not convinced that the guy simply wasn't trying to escape their crappy service, even if it was at 20,000 feet.

I'm equally surprised that the airline didn't make the passengers sit in the plane on the tarmac for six or seven hours until the entire event....um... "blew" over. Yuk-yuk-yuk.

And what about Al Qaeda? The last thing I'd do is stand up and take credit for an idiotic, blundered stunt like this. It's like taking credit for farting at a wedding.

Dumb-asses. They should be saying "that wasn't us--no way, Bob! Not a chance--that was those other guys! If it were us we would have sank twenty airliners!! And with smuggled-on nuclear weapons that would also rain down toxic goo to kill everyone on the ground below!" Who's their P.R. guy these days, anyways?
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Postby francey on December 30th, 2009, 9:46 am

cyberyukon wrote:Dumb-asses. They should be saying "that wasn't us--no way, Bob! Not a chance--that was those other guys! If it were us we would have sank twenty airliners!! And with smuggled-on nuclear weapons that would also rain down toxic goo to kill everyone on the ground below!" Who's their P.R. guy these days, anyways?

1. The plane borded in Amsterdam. Dutch governement is highly diverted by the question wether Dutch soldiers should remain in Al Qaeda-land or not. US wants them to stay, Dutch people want them to come home as it's pointless being there. Now, we're support to feel guilty because this dude passed security unnoticed...

2. It happened the day after christmas, which is 2nd christmas day over here (don't ask me why, but we've got 2 christmas days). A day typically dedicated to family, peace, love and understanding.

3. Apparently, the terrorist was stopped by a Dutch guy - now officially Hero.

So, if anyone would want to convince the Dutch governement of something, blaming them for letting a terrorist pass our national airport on 2nd christmas day to blow up an American plane above friendly territory, this would be a near-perfect scenario... SPECTRE, Al Qaeda, whatever evil crime terrorism syndicate is behind this, they planned it well.

;) Happy new year
francey
Site Admin

Postby Mr.DRC on December 30th, 2009, 5:17 pm

Suggestion: Mr. T is currently on Brit screens advertising-all will be revealed...
Simply place multitudinous dopplegangersof said ahem, Gentleman at the Boarding Gates of the
Worlds Airports. Round our way the sight of same would elicit the internal monologue "Sod that for a game
of (World of Warcraft Online) soldiers!"

And a Happy New One, Wan n' Awl :P

Don
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby sittingduck on December 31st, 2009, 6:37 pm

One point that hasn't made it into the discussion yet is that the man's father had previously contacted authorities about his son's new found radicalism. This landed the son on a counter-terrorism list. He was not on the "no-fly" portion of the list, but why he was not searched thoroughly enough for the explosive devices to be discovered is beyond me. It goes to show you that if someone is hell-bent enough on doing something stupid, they're likely to get it done. Obviously, that's a scary thought.posting.php?mode=reply&f=14&t=771#
Say something once, why say it again?
sittingduck
Ruby Dear

Postby Mr.DRC on January 6th, 2010, 2:09 pm

sittingduck wrote:
...but why he was not searched thoroughly enough for the explosive devices to be discovered is beyond me.

Quite a number of grieving relatives of despatched/departed Central Idiot Agency Operatives are pondering a similar quandary, I would contend...

And so it goes,
The way it's going, no-one knows...

Don
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Return to NO HEADS, JUST TALKING