Van's ban

The place to be totally off-topic.

Van's ban

Postby iRene on September 30th, 2008, 5:24 pm

Van Morrison has banned fans from drinking alcohol at his concerts- http://www.monstersandcritics.com/music ... lcohol_ban

I sometimes get fed up with the constant to and fro of some people to the bar/toilets interrupting gigs, and would actually prefer to listen to live music where there was more respect shown to the musicians (and where I didn't get beer spilt on me).

Opinions? :biere: or :coffee: ?
"Manchester, so much to answer for."
iRene
Papa Legba

Re: Van's ban

Postby francey on September 30th, 2008, 7:28 pm

I don't drink any alcohol myself, so I know I can enjoy a good show without it, but for most people going to a show is a social event and drinking is part of it I guess.

Only since a couple of months it's no longer allowed to smoke in venues (and restaurants, bars etc) over here. A side effect is that the smell of spoiled beer takes over, which makes it pretty disgusting to stay any longer after a concert is over.

What really annoys me is people talking during concerts - for some reason, and i know it's worse here in the Netherlands than it is in other countries where I went to see shows, people who haven't spoke eachother for months go to a club, and as soon as the band starts playing, they start a conversation - constantly trying to talk louder than the music. I'd support a ban on talking during concerts :rockdude:
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Return to NO HEADS, JUST TALKING