IMHO

The place to be totally off-topic.

IMHO

Postby Mr.DRC on September 17th, 2008, 4:59 pm

One of reasons the Board is spared my multitudinous musings ("Irony,Mr.DRC,ill becomes you" O.WWL) is
the Media Policy of my humble employer-Sorry,Your Majesty-which states that Personal Internet Access is
Verboten during tea-breaks,for which we are apparently paid in Ye Salary/Wagepacket.Yet,we are able to
swan-off to the Commisary for said cuppas etc. Is this a contradiction in terms as we can Surf with obvious
limits during our "flexed-off therefore not paid" lunch periods? Just a thought,folks. :?: :idea:...
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Re: IMHO

Postby cyberyukon on September 21st, 2008, 7:46 pm

Lol--the question is whether or not you're using company property and company internet service during said tea breaks. If you are, then they could enforce such restrictions.

Although unless your company is into saving every penny and near the brink of bankruptcy this seems a little controlling and excessive.
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Postby Jerry on September 22nd, 2008, 3:46 pm

Is that just you Don? Or eveyone? Could be a sympathy thang! ;) Having said that : The last thing you need is more caffeine :coffee:
"Everything is finite"
Jerry
Mojique

Postby Mr.DRC on September 24th, 2008, 4:32 pm

Well,Cyber.To all intents my company is Her Majestys Goverment of the day, so they're not too short of sheckels- awarding us more than this years paltry 2 % pay-rise notwithstanding...

Cappucino please,Jerry. Heavy on the cinnamon,there's a good chap! :jumpyjumpy:
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Return to NO HEADS, JUST TALKING