REM announce breakup..meanwhile, Michael Stipe...

The place to be totally off-topic.

REM announce breakup..meanwhile, Michael Stipe...

Postby muleskinner on September 23rd, 2011, 2:14 am

REM announced they're no longer a band after 30 years. Not that they've been much of a band other than to release mediocre records as part of their $80M contract (sorry, I digress) for the last few years, but on the same day of the announcement, pictures of Michael Stipe displaying his junk were posted on the internet....No, I'm not going to provide a link to them.

To think for 30 years I thought of Stipe as an intellectual. I'd like to think we'll never see pictures of David Byrne's or Peter Buck's junk on the internet....sheesh...really Michael? No. Really?
muleskinner
Radio Head

Re: REM announce breakup..meanwhile, Michael Stipe...

Postby Buck's Student on September 27th, 2011, 2:45 am

Oh lord... It made a big splash on OurREM long before it hit the tabloid sites. I actually had to make a rule against posting Michael's tumblr site/link because of all the adult-oriented content. I think he may have thought it would only be big in the small REM fan circle, especially considering he is no longer a big celebrity.

As for the band, CIN was a bad album. A lot of fans love it, but it is actually, to my ears, one of the worst albums ever recorded. I'd rate Phil Collins at his worst over CIN. It was certainly rushed, thanks to Warner Bros. There was potential to it, but no dice for the final product.
Bucky
Buck's Student
Electric Guitar

Return to NO HEADS, JUST TALKING