The place to be totally off-topic.

Postby Camden Furse on December 29th, 2008, 10:12 pm

Let's continue the (nearly) annual tradition of reflecting on the past year as the New Year comes in to stay for 365 days. You can reflect on anything, from new music you got into, with landmark moments in your life (not that you have to get too personal...)

For me...
-Expanding my music and movies taste
-Finally beginning to write my own music
-Focusing on my goal to be a screenwriter
-Losing a best friend, then gaining him back
-Graduating from high school (CLASS OF '08!)
-Moving out and getting an apartment
-Becoming a waiter, despising it in every way, and gladly getting fired despite the fact I was out of a job for almost two months while living on my own
-Getting hired at Overstock.com call center
-Becoming a man (in a manner of speaking)
-Turning 19 and enjoying my last year as a teenager
-Dropping out of college after a measly two weeks
-Re-discovering the beauty of vinyl LP's
-Reading "Watchmen", "The Catcher in the Rye", "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "The Road", and falling in love with each book
-Discovering my philosophical self and yet not understanding it in the slightest
-Seeing DB in concert for the second time in my life, right by my home town, and having the best night of my life
And finally,
-Getting a cat, naming him Hal. (ten points to who can tell what he's named after)

Your turn! :biere:
"Hello, we're murderers...er, Twix, please.
Camden Furse
Mojique

Re: 2009

Postby francey on December 29th, 2008, 11:18 pm

Camden Furse wrote:Your turn!

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Postby cyberyukon on December 30th, 2008, 6:18 am

For me it was:

- seeing Camden post his annual list of reflecting on the past year as the New Year comes in.

- Watching Camden moving out and getting an apartment. Sure, it's above a brothel. But hey. Who needs sleep, anyways? Get 'er done!!!!!!!!!

- Watching Camden expanding his music and movies taste. But...wait...where was "Love Guru"?

- Watching Camden becoming a waiter, despising it in every way, and gladly getting fired despite the fact he was out of a job for almost two months while living on his own. That makes two jobs, there Cam--the job history is startin' to look a little grim...

- Watching Camden becoming a man in a manner of speaking. And you can too. It's on YouTube, ya sickos.

- Watching Camden turning 19 and enjoying his last year as a teenager. Unless I can finally get that Delorean to work right.

- Watching Camden drop out of college after a measly two weeks. And wondering if Camden got his tuition back.

- Watching Camden re-discovering the beauty of vinyl LP's. And the real beauty of all those little shiny, silver mini-LPs.

- Watching Camden, after beating up some officers in a bar, finally join StarFleet and eventually take command of the Enterprise, registry NCC-1701.

- Watching Camden read "Watchmen", "The Catcher in the Rye", "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "The Road", and falling in love with each book. Not so true with "Harry and the Happy Holocaust", "Why Mommy Went to Jail - a Picture Book" and "Ethel the Ardvark Goes Quantity Surveying".

- Watching Camden discovering his philosophical self and yet not understanding it in the slightest. Cogito ergo sum, baby!!

- Watching Camden see DB in concert for the second time in his life, right by his home town, and having the best night of his life. Except for, of course, the night he "became a man", unless those two events happened on the same night in which case...WAY TA GO, CAMDEN!!!!!

And finally,

- Watching Camden get a cat and naming him Hal. What's creepy? Listening to the cat sing "Bicycle Built for Two" while Cam was trying to fix the computer...

:biere:
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Postby Camden Furse on December 30th, 2008, 8:55 am

Wow, Cybe, how did you know all these things happened to me? Looks like I got a restraining order to pass...effin' people you meet on the internet these days...

And for the record, you hit the nail on the head on some of those cases. Way to go me, indeed. I fear now I may be known as The Nerd Who Names His Pets After Infamous Sci-Fi Films NOT Made by George Lucas.

But seriously, y'all. Don't let me be the only one reflecting. It's good for the soul, whether it be on a public internet forum or not. :roll:

Oh, and for those worrying, I'm aware of my job history, but luckily I got that covered by working at a call center of a famous online retailer, which I will avoid naming because my name goes on these things. And I'm not abandoning my tuition, just fulfilling my ultimate college student duty of slacking and procrastinating.
"Hello, we're murderers...er, Twix, please.
Camden Furse
Mojique

Postby Mr.DRC on December 30th, 2008, 9:13 am

One of my 9000 songs? But not Daisy .
P.Simon
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby Mr.DRC on December 30th, 2008, 9:36 am

You might be able to lip-read, but you sure as hell can't hear properly!
Dave
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby Mr.DRC on December 30th, 2008, 9:39 am

I think you misheard me,dearest.
B.Rubble
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby Mr.DRC on December 30th, 2008, 10:05 am

I will call you Camden
But Camden when you call me
You can call me Hal

Camdens Cat
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Return to NO HEADS, JUST TALKING