How was it for you? (2010, that is)

The place to be totally off-topic.

How was it for you? (2010, that is)

Postby Buglet on December 31st, 2010, 7:13 pm

Well, mine was decidedly mixed.

I had some mega-highs and some pretty awful lows.

New friendships have been formed, some old friends lost, and others got in touch after many years away.

2010 wasn't good to my home or work life - I sincerely hope that 2011 brings significant improvements!

The one dependable constant over the year has been this forum and the people who make it what it is. Thank you to everyone for being you.

Buglet
Papa Legba

Re: How was it for you? (2010, that is)

Postby cyberyukon on December 31st, 2010, 9:18 pm

2010 was very digital for me.

My iPhone grew into becoming this electronic hub in a million ways--getting my news, checking in on Facebook stuff, weather, which direction I'm walking, buying stuff, finding out where to buy stuff, stayng in touch with people via phone or text, the whole iTunes thing, playing dippy little app games...it seems that this one device has effectively and efficiently connected so many aspects of my existence the only thing it hasn't done is fused with my actual neurology.

I'm not sure I could go back to a world without it.

And on the yucky side there were politics and the economy. Although there are some signs of improvement, it was hard to exist outside of the shadow of the sickly economy. Weeks swung from being a bummer to being a sort-of-bummer. And the crazy-ass political circus that nobody could escape from, especially with those select wacky tea party candidates.

And, of course, it's hard to believe that it's actually 2011 already. Seems like just yesterday it was 2001. Or 1991. I wish my brain could recount every episode, adventure and experience both big and small that happened during that time so I wouldn't feel like the years are just screaming by!!

So let's bring on 2011!!!!!!!!
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Return to NO HEADS, JUST TALKING