So what is the Tea Party?

Postby cyberyukon on November 5th, 2010, 6:53 am

This informative video will educate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnUfPQVOqpw
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Re: So what is the Tea Party?

Postby francey on November 5th, 2010, 9:04 pm

Six minutes and eleven seconds is too long for the attention span of those who should see this isn't it?
"Why quote others when you can quote yourself ?" - Francey
francey
Site Admin

Re: So what is the Tea Party?

Postby Buck's Student on February 13th, 2011, 10:38 pm

And Maureen Tucker is a Tea Partier. She doesn't live too far away from me... It's weird.

Not much going on around here, so I'll interject my feelings on this.

1. I am not a democrat or republican, nor do I call myself a moderate. The two party candidates are all corrupt in my eyes, and I believe every president since FDR was just a puppet for our industry/corporations.

2. Many of my beliefs focus on the legalization of marijuana. I'm not a smoker, but it was once our cash crop, which George Washington even grew and smoked. The Constitution was written on paper made from hemp. The first model T Ford was made from and fueled by pot. It's Earth's greatest resource, but it's outlawed thanks to corruption, yellow journalism, and propaganda/brain-washing. Why didn't it get decriminalized in California. Who votes? People forty and up - Many of whom still have the conservative beliefs of yesterday, and think Pot is an addictive substance that is only for smoking. Even if it were utilized for only smoking, it doesn't kill braincells, and is non-addictive. The reason our government says it's outlawed is because you get high when smoking it; yeah, and there are several legal alternatives that give you the same high. Stupid response. Think of all the lives that can be saved, the households that can be saved, the trees that can live on, the wallets of middle and lower class fattened just by legalizing a harmless plant.

3. The Tea Party are the Republicans brought to a whole new extreme. I wouldn't be surprised if they even scared Rush Limbaugh. There are many in Georgia that are just "write in" candidates, when most people don't realize those get thrown out. When I voted in November, there was often ONE real candidate to pick, and a write in. I wrote in "Jello Biafra" and "Bill Maher."

So many people talk about the Weather, but no one does anything about it. That's one thing admirable about the Tea Party, at least... They are always rallying and protesting something. However, most people can talk the talk, but they can't walk the walk. As Jello said years ago, "Don't hate the media, become the media." Through the internet, you can do so much more than holding up a sign. The internet is the forum for truth, but so many people read and ignore because they don't want to believe things are really as bad as they are.

Oh well. That's my tangent for the day. I hope more people post soon; I joined thinking there were a few regulars on at least once a day. :drink:
Bucky
Buck's Student
Electric Guitar

Return to NO HEADS, JUST TALKING