Grammy 2009

Discovered the new best thing in music? Share your enthousiasm or ask for suggestions. We're all music connaisseurs here.

Grammy 2009

Postby cyberyukon on February 9th, 2009, 8:36 am

...or should I say "Grampy 2009"?

I mean...did anyone expect the Robert Plant album to do so well?

Wow...
cyberyukon
Papa Legba

Re: Grammy 2009

Postby Ruben on February 9th, 2009, 12:27 pm

I didn't expect that but I'm so glad they won all those awards, because they really deserved it. "Raising Sand" is a fantastic album. I think this year's nominees were actually pretty good compared to previous years, at least for me. And I'm very statisfied with the winners as well, I mean, Adele won Best New Artist, beating the Jonas Brothers, and that's enough for me.

Now, some of the performances weren't that good good, I mean, Katy Perry??!!, Jonas Brothers with Stevie Wonder?!, Why Stevie, why?, Made my ears hurt. Chris Martin just didn't stop moving during the whole "Viva la Vida" performance, it gave me a headache, he should really stop trying so hard to be Bono. Lil' Wayne was pretty good, and Radiohead was amazing. I still can't get into "In Rainbows" (I don't know what it is, I just can't listen to the album from beginning to end, and I try!), but their performance of "15 Step" was increible.
Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that I just blew your mind?!?
Ruben
Gangster of Love

Postby mdrmartin on February 9th, 2009, 2:47 pm

I'm clearly the devil's advocate here as I thought "Raising Sand" was no better than mediocre - I played it through probably 3 or 4 times expecting it to get better but it just got worse and worse....
:2up:
mdrmartin
Electric Guitar

Postby Mr.DRC on February 9th, 2009, 3:15 pm

Ruben wrote
Chris Martin just didn't stop moving...

A lot like their appearance on Later with Jools Holland, except on that occasion it was the backing-track-containing Reel-to-Reel that just etc.during leave-me-Coldplays ALLEGEDLY LIVE SET :evil:

Chris Martin is still in the Sixth Form-he is so excited about the World and hoping to get a place in Uni.I
bet he writes lyrics in his exercise books :twisted:

"I am of the opinion Mr.DRC doth not approve."
Oscar WildWildLife

Was Franz Ferdinands second platter title directed toward Gwyneth Paltrow? :o

That kinda mood,peeps.
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Postby Mr.DRC on February 10th, 2009, 11:00 am

On a lighter note.
A few years back I came out of The Office round tea-time and some smart-alec pulled up outside the
pub-with-rehearsal-space upstairs, in his Range Rover.(The building-not the car)
My Us and Them grimace was erased by one Robert Plant esq. proffering a hearty "Orlrite, Mate!"upon
exiting his mode of transport.
I naturally regaled him with My Darling Wife's oft-trotted-out anecdote of seeing him perform in Dublin
with his combo, many moons ago.
This smokescreen enabled me to avoid the untruth-"Oi've got all yur rekords!" Though I did go to see his
Song Remains The Same at our Movie Theatre.
He was a Good Bloke and offered me a seat at his rehearsal.Sadly I had to decline for Operational Reasons.

Come on Everybody-tell us your touched the hem of garment tales :?:
Some ex-Civil Servant will forever be a Loved One of the other ex-Civil Servant.ats.
Mr.DRC
Big Daddy

Return to AIN'T GOT NO RECORDS TO PLAY